and see which ones pick me
. I am so nervous that none of em will like me
. Any way i will post pics of the ones that like me

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hehe. I wouldn't be able to sleep!

Make sure you don't over look the older kitties too! Love knows no age and an older kitty is less likely to get a home

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

photographerboy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know i am not looking for a kitten any age is fine as long as it is a "velcro" cat

photographerboy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hard enough to make my mom convince for one
maybye her heart will warm up one she sees em

photographerboy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I HAVENT BEEN THIS HYPER IN..................... EVER I CANT WAIT IM GONNNA BE UP ALL NIGHT\t
well i guess i am tired all ready lol night!
any way time goes by faster when you are asleep

photographerboy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
AHHH i just cant sleep i have been up all night!

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hope everything goes well today; I'm sure the right one (or two!) will find you

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is exciting - and sometimes it's funny how you think you'll want this color or this sex, and end up with the total opposite. You're so right - they do pick you!

I remember being so excited when I was shopping for my 'layette' the week before I got her - the food bowls, the litter box, the toys, all that. And, I swear I didn't sleep the night before 'gotcha day'.

I'm glad you're thinking of maybe an older cat - sometimes the most loving, beautiful kitties get overlooked because they're passed the kitten stage. Mine were about 3 1/2 to 4 years old when I got them. I have to admit, I now think I was very lucky. Still young, still playful, but past the chewing on every wire stage. And, I think they love me - they follow me from room to room when I get home, they sit by me watching TV, and my boy especially loves to sleep with me. I'm not sure I would have bonded any better with a kitten.

Do let us know what happened - sending best wishes for a very successful day and a very happy and long life together.

photographerboy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My mom decide she did not want to go to a shelter. So we are going to find a burmese breeder.

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by photographerboy

My mom decide she did not want to go to a shelter. So we are going to find a burmese breeder.
what? I have nothing against buying from a breeder, but why not rescue a cat when that was your original plan? There are purebred cat rescues or you can search for Burmese on petfinder.com.

If you do find a breeder please do research and do not go to a backyard breeder (there are MANY), for example anyone in a newspaper. I would post on the breeder board here and ask for help on how to pick out the good breeders from the bad. Your parents that you had to convince to get a cat in the first place really want to pay hundreds of $$$ for a Burmese?

photographerboy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know she just suddenly told me she wont go to a shelter.

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by photographerboy

I don't know she just suddenly told me she wont go to a shelter.
if she's afraid the cat will be some crazy thing because it was in a shelter, she's mistaken. It's too bad people think this way (although I don't know if that's even what her reasoning is). If so, there are LOTS of rescue groups (who will have listings on petfinder.com) that have cats and kittens in foster homes so that the animals aren't in cages and are in a normal environment.

That's so frustrating, you were so excited to go to the humane society! I know you are 13 so the decision isn't ultimately going to be yours, but I would fight for doing the right thing. Sometimes parents aren't always the best decision makers
good luck