I might be moving

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so happy.
My boyfriend finally decided he wants to move. We were going to go away next month, but I think we are going to save that money and move instead.
We have been living with his parents for 2½ years now and I can't stand it anymore.

We are looking at this apartment. It is so cheap and it allows cats. It is only the two of us and our two cats so we don't need anything big. If we save our money, we could probably move next month. I just emailed the person about that apartment asking if it was still available...I hope it is. It is also really close to the college I want to go to.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YAY! I would be SO excited! I cannot wait to move out of my apartment! I want to live in a house though, I can't stand the thought of renting anymore! We are looking to buy a house to rent out locally to the college kids and then using that money to pay for house payments. My boyfriends dad is going to buy a house here (he lives in LA) and we will live in it and rent from him until he retires and moves out here. So the property we get to rent out will pay the morgage.

Congratulations to you though!

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
its very cute! It sounds awesome especially for 399 a month thats great!!! Sending good luck to you that its still available!!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on the move. But are you sure the 2 of you want to live in a one single room that is 15 feet x 20 feet big, with 2 cats? You'll all be under each other's feet/paws.

It's hard enough for 1 person to live in a small single room apartment. I couldn't imagine doing it with another person and 2 cats.

It also says that you have to pay your own hydro and the apartment is heated by electricity. That can get pretty expensive. I lived in a place where I had to pay my own hydro (electricity and heating) and I was paying about $90.00 per month for the both in the winter.

I would suggest waiting until you could afford at least a 1 bedroom apartment. At least that way you can each have room for "personal space" in the event you want some private time alone.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Congrats on the move. But are you sure the 2 of you want to live in a one single room that is 15 feet x 20 feet big, with 2 cats? You'll all be under each other's feet/paws.

It's hard enough for 1 person to live in a small single room apartment. I couldn't imagine doing it with another person and 2 cats.

It also says that you have to pay your own hydro and the apartment is heated by electricity. That can get pretty expensive. I lived in a place where I had to pay my own hydro (electricity and heating) and I was paying about $90.00 per month for the both in the winter.

I would suggest waiting until you could afford at least a 1 bedroom apartment. At least that way you can each have room for "personal space" in the event you want some private time alone.
I think it will be fine. We basically live in one room now. We have this tv room and a bedroom, but are only ever in the bedroom if we are sleeping.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

You must be so excited!! Moving out is the best!
I am. I can't wait to get out of Tillsonburg.
I really hate it here.

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

moving out's great! i havn't even been moved out a year yet, feel's like i did age's ago though LOL! it's great to stand on your own two feet, & to have load's of freedom!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats!! I love living on my own! I moved/kicked out one month after my 18th bday and Ive never looked back!! I love being on my own, although now I have a DH and 3 kids, but before that it was so quiet!! Living on your own is the bomb!! Enjoy it! When me and jake first moved in with each other, we lived in a studio apartment. No Bedroom.It had a kitchen and a small bathroom, but the living room was the bedroom! We lived there for 2 years and loved every second of it!! When we first moved in all the furniture we had was inflatable!! We didn't even have a bed!!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by glitch

Congrats!! I love living on my own! I moved/kicked out one month after my 18th bday and Ive never looked back!! I love being on my own, although now I have a DH and 3 kids, but before that it was so quiet!! Living on your own is the bomb!! Enjoy it! When me and jake first moved in with each other, we lived in a studio apartment. No Bedroom.It had a kitchen and a small bathroom, but the living room was the bedroom! We lived there for 2 years and loved every second of it!! When we first moved in all the furniture we had was inflatable!! We didn't even have a bed!!
I moved one month after my 18th birthday too. I had my own apartment for about 8 months and then we moved into a place together for about 6 months. We couldn't afford it so we moved in with his parents and now its been 2½ years.

We talked about it when my boyfriend got home tonight. If we save money this month, we can probably move next month if we get this apartment. We might go to the city next week if we have a day off together. It is about 2½ hours from here so we need the day off to go there. He has been there before, I haven't.