New allergy?

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
We've been here just over two weeks now, and almost every day my body has decided to have a short sneezing fit and then end up extremely snotty (sorry to be rude lol). Even if it is only about 6 in a row, and that's all for the day. I don't have any other flu or cold symptoms, i'm perfectly fine (apart from being a little sore/tired from all the walking i've been doing). Tristan's mum said i could possibly be allergic to something i've never been around before. There are a billion plants here, but i didn't go outside today. It happens whether i'm inside or out. Somebody heeeelp!
PS: I don't have any allergies that i know of, plants and foods have never made me blow up or sneeze or get hives.

beck4582

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sometimes a new enviornment can cause new allergies. Try taking some Claritin or Benydril or something and see if it stops. Good luck!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was very Dizzy a few months ago and the Dr said to get Clarien D and it worked. I am Allergic to so much though. You could be Allergic to something in the air. You do not have to be outside to be affected.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do you have air conditioning running in the new place? It could be something coming out of the duct-work. Or like was said, just being in the new environment.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
We got an air conditioner installed just after we moved, but we haven't had a hot day since, so it hasn't been on.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Has the place been inspected for mold? I think mold causes respiratory problems
I was thinking the same thing along with your new AC. Maybe the filters and vents need to be cleaned? You could get an air purifier. Even if you have allergies, an air purifier would probably help that too, right?

iluvdevons

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would think that allergy meds will go a long way to help you out - but has your house been inspected for mold?