Mitted and Colorpoint Ragdolls Advance!!

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
CFA has voted to allow our mitted and colorpoint Ragdolls to advance to championship status, along with the bicolor and van patterns!!! This is very exciting news. Starting at the beginning of the next show season, they can be begin being shown!!

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow - I didn't even know you could only show bicolors and vans in CFA!?! That sounds like great news though!

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Same with the La Perms!! What a great year for the provisionals!!

I think that the mitted ragdolls met some some resistance in CFA for a while because they resembled Birmans too much
CFA likes new breeds, they're just a liiiiitle bit slower to recognize them

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so happy for all of you!

Now, anybody hear about the Exotic LH Issue???

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
So they accept all the patterns now and just in the 4 traditional colors (seal, blue, chocolate, lilac)?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
So they accept all the patterns now and just in the 4 traditional colors (seal, blue, chocolate, lilac)?
All patterns, bicolor, mitted, colorpoint, and unlike TICA, they accept the Van pattern as well. They (CFA) have always allowed for the 4 traditional colors, as well as the red family, (flame, cream, torties, with or without lynx.) As far as I know the only difference between TICA and CFA regarding the Ragdoll breed, is that TICA doesn't allow the Van pattern, as CFA does. It is wonderful news!!

Congratulations to the LaPerms, as well!! I haven't heard anything about the LH Exotic, but I will have my fingers crossed.
My daughter and I fell in love with one, a diluted calico, (sorry, I don't know what terms they use for this breed), she was a beautiful LH exotic, they had her for sale up at the show, it was so hard for my daughter and I to resist the temptation. We held out long enough and she was adopted by the end of the show. So I guess it was meant to be.

lynsgems

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

I'm so happy for all of you!

Now, anybody hear about the Exotic LH Issue???
Here you go:
President Delabar called the question. George Eigenhauser then moved
that the Board consider the question to create a LH Exotic Division to
be that of a standard change to the Exotic breed, and the question was
so moved. Joan Miller then moved that there is an affected Breed, the
Persian. The question was so moved. Fred Jacobberger then ruled
the Exotic BC question as out of order as the affected breed, Persian,
voted NO to the original question.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LynsGems

Here you go:
President Delabar called the question. George Eigenhauser then moved
that the Board consider the question to create a LH Exotic Division to
be that of a standard change to the Exotic breed, and the question was
so moved. Joan Miller then moved that there is an affected Breed, the
Persian. The question was so moved. Fred Jacobberger then ruled
the Exotic BC question as out of order as the affected breed, Persian,
voted NO to the original question.
Sorry to steal the Ragdoll thread but Urgh!

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know Abymummy. . . you'd think they'd want those LH Exotics if only to introduce unique yet typey lines. . .

Last year, I saw a blue van ragdoll premier being shown in region 1. Being a sucker for vans, I fell in love with the breed based on that cat alone

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think I've seen a van Ragdoll - ACFA doesn't have them as far as I know. That's where I've seen the most Ragdolls

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Wow, that's cool!....(dreams about showing a Ragdoll...)
I have one you can show!!!!! I may not be keeping the seal mitted after all So you can take her and show her for me!

This is such exciting news! I have held out on registering mine with CFA since I have mostly mitted. I may have to start the process of registering them with CFA as well as already being TICA reg, soon If every thing works out for me, I may be reg and showing with CFA!

cattiew

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi,

just want to know what is the character of ragdoll? how to classify a good quality one? and what kind of special care need for this breed?

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

I have one you can show!!!!! I may not be keeping the seal mitted after all So you can take her and show her for me!

This is such exciting news! I have held out on registering mine with CFA since I have mostly mitted. I may have to start the process of registering them with CFA as well as already being TICA reg, soon If every thing works out for me, I may be reg and showing with CFA!
Go for it! CFA may be staid and laid back but there's nothing like breeding a CFA GC!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cattiew

hi,

just want to know what is the character of ragdoll? how to classify a good quality one? and what kind of special care need for this breed?
It sort of depends on if you are showing or getting a pet. To be a great pet, they don't have to have a white chin, or perfect mitts. Ragdolls are generally pretty laid back and enjoy children. They do not make a lot of noise meowing. Their fur requires little care, except combing occasionally to prevent matting under the elbows, etc. At least in my experience!