Be very quiet..There are morons among us

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok I know I have talked about my niece and her pregnancy. I might have mentioned she got pregnant right before turning 15 by a 26 year old. I know I know and I am not even touching the fact my family did nothing when they found this out. I did not find out by who (and therefore the age because we went to school together and I think we dated) till Christmas. And really as much as it ticked me off there was not much I could do because well family things.

Anyways so right before she went into labor like within a week (they were together when I went to her baby shower the 8 days before she delievered) he kicked her out (they were living with his parents) and told her he wanted nothing to do with her or the baby. Now that she has delivered he is claiming he does not know if the baby his or not and wants a blood test done. Ummm does he not see the trouble he is causing himself. Hmmm he has to go to court and say I slept with a 14 year old and I don't know if the baby produced is mine. And beyond that what can and probably will happen if it is his...Ummm can we say cops, law, court, jail, sex offender list anyone.

Yep lots of morons in this story. But I stand behind my niece. She needs all the help and advice she can get right now. Which unfortunately I am the only one in this family that has been in pretty much this same position.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She was 14 when she got pregnant by him???? He should be in jail! He preyed on a CHILD!!! I cannot believe these guys who get away with this. If he were 16-17-18...maybe I could understand, but 26? He's a predator, and should be treated as such.

Let's really hope he does take this to the courts, and he admits to it. Maybe, just maybe, justice will be served.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ohhhhh he is a complete moron. I assume he's listed on the birth certificate as the father?

And yes, stand by your niece. At 14 she is very impressionable, and to get pregnant to a 26 year old is disgusting - he should have more sense than to take advantage of someone so young. She needs to know he was in the wrong, and she must made an error in judgement.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pardon me while I lose my temper. Now, if your neice were say, oh 18 or older, it would be a different story, but a 26 year old male having his way with a 14 year old????? My thoughts and prayers are with you and her.

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow...just wow. You should buy him a new shovel, he's wearing his down too fast with all that digging.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There is a special place you know where for a guy like that.
Pardon me for that....but she's a KID!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emrldsky

She was 14 when she got pregnant by him???? He should be in jail! He preyed on a CHILD!!! I cannot believe these guys who get away with this. If he were 16-17-18...maybe I could understand, but 26? He's a predator, and should be treated as such.

Let's really hope he does take this to the courts, and he admits to it. Maybe, just maybe, justice will be served.
Yep found out right after she turned 15. So no telling how long they had "been together" before that. Trust me I can not truly type the words about how I feel about this. I am more ticked then anyone else in my family. First no one told me who. Then when I was told my mom was like he is not as old as he looks. I was like he went to school in the same grade level. She just shrugged and said she is pregnant now what can we do. If I wanted to be cut off from my family I would have reported this whne I found out. But because I was the only one that got very mad about this they would know it was me. I can only hope either A they all catch a hint and grow a brain and report this *censored word* or leave him enough rope to hang his fat *censored* when he goes to get a blood test.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

Now that she has delivered he is claiming he does not know if the baby his or not and wants a blood test done. Ummm does he not see the trouble he is causing himself. Hmmm he has to go to court and say I slept with a 14 year old and I don't know if the baby produced is mine. And beyond that what can and probably will happen if it is his...Ummm can we say cops, law, court, jail, sex offender list anyone.

Yep lots of morons in this story.
Somebody should sit him down and explain it to him. As much as he should face charges, if he is convicted of statutory rape, it won't help your niece or her baby.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Ohhhhh he is a complete moron. I assume he's listed on the birth certificate as the father?

And yes, stand by your niece. At 14 she is very impressionable, and to get pregnant to a 26 year old is disgusting - he should have more sense than to take advantage of someone so young. She needs to know he was in the wrong, and she must made an error in judgement.
No he is not listed. No one called him when she went into labor. And in my state if you are not there at the delievery or there to sign the paperwork you can not be listed on the cert.

This guy is down right stupid and a few other things. Lets see we are the same age. Was supposed to be in the same graduating class id I had graduated in '00 I think. Yeah well my sister is 6 years younger than me and he was still in high school when she made it there.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK- I don't know where you live, but here in Michigan - sleeping with a 14 year old girl is called "statutory rape." Consent isn't even an issue - by law. At her age she CAN"T consent. He committed a criminal act and frankly, should be subject to prosecution.

She doesn't have to press charges. Seems like she wouldn't anyway. Doesn't anyone in your family understand what happened? OMG, if I had a 14 y.o. daughter and some guy got her pregnant... he would be behind bars by now.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Somebody should sit him down and explain it to him. As much as he should face charges, if he is convicted of statutory rape, it won't help your niece or her baby.
Sorry but no I want sit him down and explain nothin to this *censored" but I will hand him the rope to hang himself on this one. Trust me if I had 5 mins alone with this guy it would not end pretty. When I was 16 I became pregnant by a 23 year old that left and yes I am quite jaded now because of that.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I disagree. Give him enough rope....

Someone like this is not ever going to live up to his responsibilities... financially, emotionally, etc. So, And yes, I am a very hard liner on this, he should pay a price.

This is a very, very, very sad story. For the child and for the baby she bore.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

OK- I don't know where you live, but here in Michigan - sleeping with a 14 year old girl is called "statutory rape." Consent isn't even an issue - by law. At her age she CAN"T consent. He committed a criminal act and frankly, should be subject to prosecution.

She doesn't have to press charges. Seems like she wouldn't anyway. Doesn't anyone in your family understand what happened? OMG, if I had a 14 y.o. daughter and some guy got her pregnant... he would be behind bars by now.
Ageof consent is 16 or 17 here I think. Trust me I think the whole family me included dropped the ball on this one. And I hate to talk ill of my family but they should have done something. But because he was staying with her at the time and supporting her they thought they were doing the right thing by not reporting him (stupid I know).

And the guy father ain't to smart either. My mom said he showed up at the hospital to in his words "see his grandchild". And this guy was in the local goverment there.

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately this is such a common occurance now a days it just makes me sick...

Good luck to you and your family...er...neice and her baby; and heaven help her ex boyfriend...what a dork; he will be paying for more than child support in the end now!!!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

I disagree. Give him enough rope....

Someone like this is not ever going to live up to his responsibilities... financially, emotionally, etc. So, And yes, I am a very hard liner on this, he should pay a price.

This is a very, very, very sad story. For the child and for the baby she bore.
That's the problem - everybody is going to pay the price. It's a no-win situation. He's a child molester, and rightfully belongs in prison, but if he's put there, who's going to support the mother and child? Her family is going to be left holding the bag.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That's the problem - everybody is going to pay the price. It's a no-win situation. He's a child molester, and rightfully belongs in prison, but if he's put there, who's going to support the mother and child? Her family is going to be left holding the bag.
Trust me her family (IE my family) is more than willing to help her through everything period.He is a child molester end of story. People like that don't deserve to see the light of day. What if no one does anything and another and another very young girls g et pregant do we just turn a blind eye then because its a no win situation. Or heavens forbid she was not the first and there are others out there.

Sad as it is for her and her child this *censored* needs to pay. He is a monster and a pediphile. And I hope like no other my family finally catches on to press charges. My niece is out of the hospital and is already being harassed by his family. They want to see the baby. His family seems to think he did nothing wrong here.

I really hope he is dumb enough to get a blood test because I want to be there when the law comes after his butt.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Age of consent in Ga:

16-6-3 G *** CODE SECTION *** 10/15/99
16-6-3.
(a) A person commits the offense of statutory rape when he or she engages in sexual intercourse with any person under the age of 16 years and not his or her spouse, provided that no conviction shall be had for this offense on the unsupported testimony of the victim.
http://www.ageofconsent.com/georgia.htm

Ain't that something. But I wonder tho if she would even have to testify because a child was born and that proves they had sex. Especially if he pushes the blood test.

iluvdevons

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Your family isn't planning on charges?! Wow - I hope at least they haul him into court for child support!!!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Unfortunately, the girl's family may end up holding the bag anyway. Even if the guy doesn't end up in prison for SA, just TRY getting support out of people like this. Ask any good lawyer who does family law. Here in Michigan, we don't even have decent enforcement to go after deadbeat dads.