TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Be very quiet..There are morons among us
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Be very quiet..There are morons among us

post #1 of 29
Thread Starter 
Ok I know I have talked about my niece and her pregnancy. I might have mentioned she got pregnant right before turning 15 by a 26 year old. I know I know and I am not even touching the fact my family did nothing when they found this out. I did not find out by who (and therefore the age because we went to school together and I think we dated) till Christmas. And really as much as it ticked me off there was not much I could do because well family things.

Anyways so right before she went into labor like within a week (they were together when I went to her baby shower the 8 days before she delievered) he kicked her out (they were living with his parents) and told her he wanted nothing to do with her or the baby. Now that she has delivered he is claiming he does not know if the baby his or not and wants a blood test done. Ummm does he not see the trouble he is causing himself. Hmmm he has to go to court and say I slept with a 14 year old and I don't know if the baby produced is mine. And beyond that what can and probably will happen if it is his...Ummm can we say cops, law, court, jail, sex offender list anyone.

Yep lots of morons in this story. But I stand behind my niece. She needs all the help and advice she can get right now. Which unfortunately I am the only one in this family that has been in pretty much this same position.
post #2 of 29
She was 14 when she got pregnant by him???? He should be in jail! He preyed on a CHILD!!! I cannot believe these guys who get away with this. If he were 16-17-18...maybe I could understand, but 26? He's a predator, and should be treated as such.

Let's really hope he does take this to the courts, and he admits to it. Maybe, just maybe, justice will be served.
post #3 of 29
Ohhhhh he is a complete moron. I assume he's listed on the birth certificate as the father?

And yes, stand by your niece. At 14 she is very impressionable, and to get pregnant to a 26 year old is disgusting - he should have more sense than to take advantage of someone so young. She needs to know he was in the wrong, and she must made an error in judgement.
post #4 of 29
Pardon me while I lose my temper. Now, if your neice were say, oh 18 or older, it would be a different story, but a 26 year old male having his way with a 14 year old????? My thoughts and prayers are with you and her.
post #5 of 29
Wow...just wow. You should buy him a new shovel, he's wearing his down too fast with all that digging.
post #6 of 29
There is a special place you know where for a guy like that. Pardon me for that....but she's a KID!
post #7 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by emrldsky View Post
She was 14 when she got pregnant by him???? He should be in jail! He preyed on a CHILD!!! I cannot believe these guys who get away with this. If he were 16-17-18...maybe I could understand, but 26? He's a predator, and should be treated as such.

Let's really hope he does take this to the courts, and he admits to it. Maybe, just maybe, justice will be served.
Yep found out right after she turned 15. So no telling how long they had "been together" before that. Trust me I can not truly type the words about how I feel about this. I am more ticked then anyone else in my family. First no one told me who. Then when I was told my mom was like he is not as old as he looks. I was like he went to school in the same grade level. She just shrugged and said she is pregnant now what can we do. If I wanted to be cut off from my family I would have reported this whne I found out. But because I was the only one that got very mad about this they would know it was me. I can only hope either A they all catch a hint and grow a brain and report this *censored word* or leave him enough rope to hang his fat *censored* when he goes to get a blood test.
post #8 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping View Post
Now that she has delivered he is claiming he does not know if the baby his or not and wants a blood test done. Ummm does he not see the trouble he is causing himself. Hmmm he has to go to court and say I slept with a 14 year old and I don't know if the baby produced is mine. And beyond that what can and probably will happen if it is his...Ummm can we say cops, law, court, jail, sex offender list anyone.

Yep lots of morons in this story.
Somebody should sit him down and explain it to him. As much as he should face charges, if he is convicted of statutory rape, it won't help your niece or her baby.
post #9 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahp View Post
Ohhhhh he is a complete moron. I assume he's listed on the birth certificate as the father?

And yes, stand by your niece. At 14 she is very impressionable, and to get pregnant to a 26 year old is disgusting - he should have more sense than to take advantage of someone so young. She needs to know he was in the wrong, and she must made an error in judgement.
No he is not listed. No one called him when she went into labor. And in my state if you are not there at the delievery or there to sign the paperwork you can not be listed on the cert.

This guy is down right stupid and a few other things. Lets see we are the same age. Was supposed to be in the same graduating class id I had graduated in '00 I think. Yeah well my sister is 6 years younger than me and he was still in high school when she made it there.
post #10 of 29
OK- I don't know where you live, but here in Michigan - sleeping with a 14 year old girl is called "statutory rape." Consent isn't even an issue - by law. At her age she CAN"T consent. He committed a criminal act and frankly, should be subject to prosecution.

She doesn't have to press charges. Seems like she wouldn't anyway. Doesn't anyone in your family understand what happened? OMG, if I had a 14 y.o. daughter and some guy got her pregnant... he would be behind bars by now.
post #11 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcat View Post
Somebody should sit him down and explain it to him. As much as he should face charges, if he is convicted of statutory rape, it won't help your niece or her baby.
Sorry but no I want sit him down and explain nothin to this *censored" but I will hand him the rope to hang himself on this one. Trust me if I had 5 mins alone with this guy it would not end pretty. When I was 16 I became pregnant by a 23 year old that left and yes I am quite jaded now because of that.
post #12 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcat View Post
Somebody should sit him down and explain it to him. As much as he should face charges, if he is convicted of statutory rape, it won't help your niece or her baby.
I disagree. Give him enough rope....

Someone like this is not ever going to live up to his responsibilities... financially, emotionally, etc. So, And yes, I am a very hard liner on this, he should pay a price.

This is a very, very, very sad story. For the child and for the baby she bore.
post #13 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddieBee View Post
OK- I don't know where you live, but here in Michigan - sleeping with a 14 year old girl is called "statutory rape." Consent isn't even an issue - by law. At her age she CAN"T consent. He committed a criminal act and frankly, should be subject to prosecution.

She doesn't have to press charges. Seems like she wouldn't anyway. Doesn't anyone in your family understand what happened? OMG, if I had a 14 y.o. daughter and some guy got her pregnant... he would be behind bars by now.
Ageof consent is 16 or 17 here I think. Trust me I think the whole family me included dropped the ball on this one. And I hate to talk ill of my family but they should have done something. But because he was staying with her at the time and supporting her they thought they were doing the right thing by not reporting him (stupid I know).

And the guy father ain't to smart either. My mom said he showed up at the hospital to in his words "see his grandchild". And this guy was in the local goverment there.
post #14 of 29
Unfortunately this is such a common occurance now a days it just makes me sick...

Good luck to you and your family...er...neice and her baby; and heaven help her ex boyfriend...what a dork; he will be paying for more than child support in the end now!!!
post #15 of 29
This guy is sick, he is a child molester.
post #16 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddieBee View Post
I disagree. Give him enough rope....

Someone like this is not ever going to live up to his responsibilities... financially, emotionally, etc. So, And yes, I am a very hard liner on this, he should pay a price.

This is a very, very, very sad story. For the child and for the baby she bore.
That's the problem - everybody is going to pay the price. It's a no-win situation. He's a child molester, and rightfully belongs in prison, but if he's put there, who's going to support the mother and child? Her family is going to be left holding the bag.
post #17 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcat View Post
That's the problem - everybody is going to pay the price. It's a no-win situation. He's a child molester, and rightfully belongs in prison, but if he's put there, who's going to support the mother and child? Her family is going to be left holding the bag.
Trust me her family (IE my family) is more than willing to help her through everything period.He is a child molester end of story. People like that don't deserve to see the light of day. What if no one does anything and another and another very young girls g et pregant do we just turn a blind eye then because its a no win situation. Or heavens forbid she was not the first and there are others out there.

Sad as it is for her and her child this *censored* needs to pay. He is a monster and a pediphile. And I hope like no other my family finally catches on to press charges. My niece is out of the hospital and is already being harassed by his family. They want to see the baby. His family seems to think he did nothing wrong here.

I really hope he is dumb enough to get a blood test because I want to be there when the law comes after his butt.
post #18 of 29
Thread Starter 
Age of consent in Ga:

16-6-3 G *** CODE SECTION *** 10/15/99
16-6-3.
(a) A person commits the offense of statutory rape when he or she engages in sexual intercourse with any person under the age of 16 years and not his or her spouse, provided that no conviction shall be had for this offense on the unsupported testimony of the victim.
http://www.ageofconsent.com/georgia.htm

Ain't that something. But I wonder tho if she would even have to testify because a child was born and that proves they had sex. Especially if he pushes the blood test.
post #19 of 29
Your family isn't planning on charges?! Wow - I hope at least they haul him into court for child support!!!
post #20 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcat View Post
That's the problem - everybody is going to pay the price. It's a no-win situation. He's a child molester, and rightfully belongs in prison, but if he's put there, who's going to support the mother and child? Her family is going to be left holding the bag.
Unfortunately, the girl's family may end up holding the bag anyway. Even if the guy doesn't end up in prison for SA, just TRY getting support out of people like this. Ask any good lawyer who does family law. Here in Michigan, we don't even have decent enforcement to go after deadbeat dads.
post #21 of 29
Alright to get child support she needs to go in and apply and automatically they will do a blood test... proving his crime! Even if you're in the pen you still get a job, and pay child support! They make little money, but she can get every darn penny of it!! He's not gonna hang himself, someone needs to do it for him! He knows how much rope he has left... she needs the help, so do something before the statue of limitations is up for stats! She can always get the child support later, but right now they'll pay for the blood test just to prove he's the father if he doesn't agree!
post #22 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbjerkness View Post
This guy is sick, he is a child molester.
He's sick!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitch View Post
Alright to get child support she needs to go in and apply and automatically they will do a blood test... proving his crime! Even if you're in the pen you still get a job, and pay child support! They make little money, but she can get every darn penny of it!! He's not gonna hang himself, someone needs to do it for him! He knows how much rope he has left... she needs the help, so do something before the statue of limitations is up for stats! She can always get the child support later, but right now they'll pay for the blood test just to prove he's the father if he doesn't agree!
Actually, what needs to take place is she needs to go to CSE (Child Support Enforcement) and file for an Order of Support.
Then they will serve the loser with papers ordering him to pay. He then has the option to have a DNA test done. If he does go that route, then they will set an appointment with a Lab to have DNA samples taken. She will have to submit hers and the babies DNA also. It takes 2-3 weeks to get the results back. Once it's proven he is the father (assuming he is) they will subpoena him to court and he will have to do a financial affidavit on his income. They will then set the support based on his income AND he will have to pay for the DNA test! If he's not the father, no one pays for the test.
His first payment would be due 30days from the day they order the support.
If he doesn't pay, they will revoke his drivers license, deduct it automatically from his paychecks and if he works under the table, he will eventually do to jail.. sometimes.... not all the time. My ex hasn't paid support in 6yrs.. he has yet to go to jail

Oh and they also take his income tax return
post #23 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin View Post
My ex hasn't paid support in 6yrs.. he has yet to go to jail
Yeah, this is what I mean re: supporting the baby.
post #24 of 29
Good Lord! A 14 yr old and a 26 yr old? That guy really does have a problem. I agree, let him demand blood tests, and yes the mother can still get child support from him out of his salary in jail, it just won't be much.

And, it doesn't sound like he would really be around much anyway if he wasn't in jail.

How is your neice and her new baby doing? How is she handling all this? It is so good that she has you to talk to and speak up for her. At 14/15 people aren't thinking about consequences or the future. I'm sure she thought she loved the guy, and love at that age is all consuming. Please tell me she wants nothing more to do with this guy.....
post #25 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by calico2222 View Post

How is your neice and her new baby doing? How is she handling all this? It is so good that she has you to talk to and speak up for her. At 14/15 people aren't thinking about consequences or the future. I'm sure she thought she loved the guy, and love at that age is all consuming. Please tell me she wants nothing more to do with this guy.....
I did not talk to her today because she just came home today. I did talk to my mom and she said other than being harassed by phone she is fine.

I hope she wants nothing to do with him but this is the second or 3 time he did this since she became pregnant. So only time will tell. I do know she turned down his marriage proposal when she first became pregnant.
post #26 of 29
One concern I have is that your niece's parents will be charged with child neglect, since they failed to stop the relationship by filing statutory rape charges against the baby's father at an early stage, and actually allowed her to move in with his family. I witnessed a similar case in another state last summer, and the girl's (now 15) parents have lost custody of all three minor children, and are still being dragged through the courts.

That is what I mean by a no-win situation.
post #27 of 29
I don't know about where you are but, in Arizona, having sex with a minor under 15 is a FELONY and is worth 25 years in prison.
post #28 of 29
What an awful story!!! I'm so glad he's stupid enough to fight this in court! I hope to GOD that he goes to jail for having sex with a minor. What a
post #29 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping View Post
Age of consent in Ga:

16-6-3 G *** CODE SECTION *** 10/15/99
16-6-3.
(a) A person commits the offense of statutory rape when he or she engages in sexual intercourse with any person under the age of 16 years and not his or her spouse, provided that no conviction shall be had for this offense on the unsupported testimony of the victim.
http://www.ageofconsent.com/georgia.htm

Ain't that something. But I wonder tho if she would even have to testify because a child was born and that proves they had sex. Especially if he pushes the blood test.
Iowa has a law like this one, but there is also another law built to stop old men. If the minor is under 18 there can only be 4 years between the minor and the adult. I'm gussing GA has a law like that one as well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Be very quiet..There are morons among us