alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm wondering if the first one is a Snowshoe with the white lip and paws? I know they usu. have white "masks", right?

Don't some Siamese have white markings?

The second one - could he just be a wedgie-head Siamese or have some oriental shorthair in him with those big bat-wing ears? Actually, on second look, he has a really interesting face and head shape... shorter and broader. Rex maybe? Again, I am NO expert.

Regardless, they are both gorgeous!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its hard to see from the pics, but the 2nd one is pretty hairless on most of his body, and does have a lot of the sphynx type wrinkles in his skin.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The second cat looks like it could be a Devon rex (mix), the first looks Snowshoe.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

The second cat looks like it could be a Devon rex (mix), the first looks Snowshoe.
Do they have wrinkles and greasy skin like a sphynx? We have 4 of them that were picked up by animal control at various times (all unneutered, clearly used for breeding). They have to be bathed a lot because their skin gets really oily and gross and they all have eye problems

ETA: all the Devon Rex pictures I pulled up show a cat with fur. These cats, although he has the short fur underneath, is completely hairless on his back/head, etc.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

How big is the first kitty? My first thought was Snowshoe/Ragdoll.
Its hard to say because I haven't picked her up and when I saw her she was hiding, but she is a decent sized cat. Not tiny and delicate at all!
She does have a tiny little meow though.