I can't stop crying...

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't know what's wrong with me. I just came back from Cincinnati and I cannot stop crying! I almost broke up with my bf this morning (went to Cincy to see him), but that's not why I am crying. I said some things that I should not have said to him and I am just all around miserable today. I cried a good bit of the way home today (4 hours) and now I have been sitting here bawling. I skipped my class today because I can't stop. Does anyone else ever have this happen to them? If they do, what will make it stop!!!?

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have any good tunes to listen to? What works for me is to go driving & listen to the music, till I can "regroup". For me, it's the combination of driving plus listening that works best. Sending vibes that you will feel better soon

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you both. I've stopped crying for the moment, hopefully it will last awhile. I have a tabby cat on either side of me right now so that might've helped a little.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pipersjo

Thank you both. I've stopped crying for the moment, hopefully it will last awhile. I have a tabby cat on either side of me right now so that might've helped a little.
That always helps.
I hope you feel better soon.

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, I just talked to my sister and she made feel better, but kinda worse too. I think maybe all of this is brought on by stress-- have a lot of stuff going on now. I stopped crying until she told me Grandad was put on Hospice. I know how sick he is, but it just kind of makes it worse knowing that he is on Hospice. The only comfort with that is that I know what Hospices nurses are like and I know that he will be well taken care of.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like you're going through a tough time. There is nothing wrong with having a good cry, especially when you're under a lot of stress. You have to let go some of the emotion or else it can begin to effect you internally and eat away at you.

I usually try and watch a movie I find funny or somehow entertain myself...laughter can also be the best medicine. Of course that also makes me feel a bit manic...bawling my eyes out then 30 minutes later laughing my butt off...

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my... have you been feeling blue for a while? Stress and major life changes can bring that on... You said you talked to your sister. Is there someone else ... a third party perhaps.... who you can talk to?

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Oh my... have you been feeling blue for a while? Stress and major life changes can bring that on... You said you talked to your sister. Is there someone else ... a third party perhaps.... who you can talk to?
Well, let's just say since the beginning of January, it's been 1 thing after another. I was notified that I may be named in a lawsuit, I am getting ready to move to another state away from everyone I know and my family to be closer to my bf (bf is a whole 'nother story-- LOTS of stress there) and I have no job or house there, and the list just seems to be getting longer. I think that it may be a depression issue at this point, but last time I spoke to a MD, he actually laughed and told me to get more sleep. My best friend is in Iraq and the rest of my close friends are going through major issues/life changes right now. I guess I need to just get all of this out now and I am so tired of crying right now.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with the others regarding the stress thing.
I know that when I get really stressed out, it's more difficult to control my emotions.
But when things are going more smoothly, I don't get so depressed and I can control my emotions. Sometimes, having a good cry can help a little to relieve your anxiety...

Have you apologized to your b/f for what you've said to him? Maybe that's part of why you're feeling bummed out.
I know if I say things I don't mean to someone, it will make me feel bad about myself, and I feel better after I apologize.

Considering all the changes you're going through - especially moving, which can be a big stress factor - especially if you're moving to somewhere where you don't know anyone - it's no surprise to me that you are feeling down.

I hope you feel better soon!

~KK~

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am getting ready to move to another state away from everyone I know and my family to be closer to my bf (bf is a whole 'nother story-- LOTS of stress there) and I have no job or house there, and the list just seems to be getting longer.
You may want to seriously reconsider moving, if you already don't have a job or house to move into before you get there.
I made that mistake once, when I moved out-of-state to be with an ex b/f. I won't bore you with all the details, but the outcome was not pretty.
And if you're already having problems with your b/f, that's not a good thing, either. IMHO, I think you seriously need to reconsider moving, till you're 100% sure that it's all gonna work out.
I'd hate to see you make the same mistake that I did once...

~KK~

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't move until you have things better planned! Its too much stress, and issues have already risen, it might be a good thing to back off temporarily and figure things out! You have to take care of yourself!!

Im a cryer also, when things go wrong I can cry for months... Of course the doctors have me *labeled* already so Im being treated, but sometimes its just nice to cry... dont cry so much that your head feels like its gonna explode though!

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I don't know what's wrong with me. I just came back from Cincinnati and I cannot stop crying! I almost broke up with my bf this morning (went to Cincy to see him), but that's not why I am crying. I said some things that I should not have said to him and I am just all around miserable today. I cried a good bit of the way home today (4 hours) and now I have been sitting here bawling. I skipped my class today because I can't stop. Does anyone else ever have this happen to them? If they do, what will make it stop!!!?
There's nothing wrong with you...you're human...like every one else on this forum!!!

Plain and simple...you need to reconcile to your BF...even if he doesn't apologize to you (if he fought with you), you need to apologize to him...and mean it! Tell him how you've been feeling, and let him know that you are sorry for the things that you said that may have hurt him. That is the only way you will feel better. Some chocolate, good music, and a close friend can start the process, but the above is where it should end...

Also...I would reconsider adding the stress of a move...especially if your BF and you are not exactly on the 'greatest terms' besides this mornings spat. Stay close to your family and friends, and don't move until you are certain your relationship is going to be more than a short term thing...I'm talking, you'd better be getting married, here! It's just not worth uprooting yourself, only to wind up having to try and move back when things may not work out in the end anyway!

Plus...IMO it should be up to the man to pursue the woman...let him move to you...I'm serious here!!! My husband, back when he was my BF, then became Fiance' moved to where I was going to college...he didn't expect me to move. If he wants you 'bad enough' he will come to you...

thezookeeper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know in our society it is looked upon as weak to be crying, but if you are crying then obviously you NEED to cry. Crying is natural and is needed. It is soothing to the soul and helps with the chemicals in the brain. When your mind thinks that life is getting manageable again your need to cry will lessen, but for now just let it out. Your grief will lesses the sooner you let it out and let it go. I hope you feel better soon.

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone. I wore myself out and fell asleep with all the freakin' cryin....grrrr. I guess I should give a little more background (I don't usually post too much anymore). I am moving out of state because my lease is up in May and I don't want to stay here in this state and I don't want to move back to CT where my family is. I have been trying to find a job and a house out there, but it's a Catch 22-- you have to have a house to get a job (you need an in state address) and you have to have a job to get a house. I am definately not trapped when I get out there because I was thinking about taking a travelling position (make more money, see the country with my cats). I still have time before I move, but I am 1 of those people that needs to know whats going on ahead of time. To top it all off, I am still in school for my BSN. M bf and I are on the 2nd try now after being together for almost 3 years and living together. The first time did not end well but we were split up for almost a year before trying it again. Of course, that means we have history and its always in the back of my mind. It has been a lot different this time, but still, it creates some stress. Anyway, I feel a lot better now so I will stop boring you all with the details, lol.

mawilouwl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't know about you, but me I'm a very "routine" person. I get used to the part of town where I live, to my neighbours, to the supermaket, the vet, the video club, everything around me, even to the traject I use to go to the gym. Moving is not just about being more far away of your friends and family, it is also the loss of familiar habits and sensations. I would be very nervous too and, of course, when I'm nervous, I cry a lot...

The other thing that would make me feel nervous is the fact of leaving everything behing to go live with my boyfriend. I now live with him and I don't regret it, but at first it is hard because it meant that I was much more engaged in the relationship and therefore much more vulnerable too. I don't know if you have ever lived with this boyfriend before but if it's the first time, it's perfectly normal to question yourself a lot, to feel nervous and to get sad. Only thing I can say is that, even though I had to acclimate to so much new things and even if I cried a lot wondering if I had made the right choice, I don't regret having the guts to do it (to me, it took guts, I know that it's more natural to many other people). I wouldn't be happy like I am now if I didn't have the courage to try first.

Good luck and I hope you will find what you really want. Once you know it, wether it's staying where you are or making the big move, you won't regret if you listen to yourselt. You might feel anxious again and cry again, but you can't regret listening to what your heart has to tell you.
I wish you get better.