How do you get through the day when...

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your job is not what you want it to be? I'm having a hard time today. I don't know if it is just that I know I'm getting close to starting my practicum hours for school or if it is because I enjoyed myself so much helping the kitty give birth at the shelter yesterd. Today has just been a hard day. I was sitting in a meeting thinking, "I couln't care less about this if I tried." I know that I need to keep doing thing to get through school and most days I don't have this hard of a time. I just need to get through today I guess. It may just be a hormone thing if you know what I mean.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I either sneak off & do a little xtra TCS
and I also try to make it interesting. For example (although I get bored easily, I can usu. make most any situation interesting - just like a Maine Coon
), I once ran a laundromat that offered "fluff & fold" services. To preserve my sanity, I went on a quest to learn how to make the job challenging intellectually, so I called every phone number for stain-fighting tips from the laundry manufacturers. I got incredible responses from brainiacs who LOVED to share their knowledge - never knew the "why" of detergents vs. soap, etc. Anyway, it gave me something to chat with the customers about, too! And the business really took off after that!!!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You just DO, that's all.

I got to work this morning to have my very first phone call be from a close telling me that a friend of ours passed away yesterday from breast cancer - and she wasn't even 40 yet. My heart breaks most for the three children she left behind.

That was at 9 a.m. It's now almost 5:30 and time to go home, and I've been crying silent tears at my desk all day.

How do you get through when you can't focus?

YOU JUST DO.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

You just DO, that's all.

I got to work this morning to have my very first phone call be from a close telling me that a friend of ours passed away yesterday from breast cancer - and she wasn't even 40 yet. My heart breaks most for the three children she left behind.

That was at 9 a.m. It's now almost 5:30 and time to go home, and I've been crying silent tears at my desk all day.

How do you get through when you can't focus?

YOU JUST DO.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooooh, have I ever been there
It sucks for sure..wondering what the heck you are doing some days.

I had a day like that today..everything went wrong.

Hope you're feeling better soon