Any bossy kitties out there?

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
By bossy kitties, I don't necessarily mean ones that are vocal and like to carry on a conversation with you and/or tell you all about their day when you get home. I'm referring to kitties who effectively order us, their humble servants, around. I'm talking about cats who make their needs/demands especially loud and clear and have us trained to obey.

My parents' cat Lucy, is one example. I petsat for her last week and that girl is downright bossy.
If she wants to be petted, she tells you. If she wants to be fed, you hear about it. If she wants to go out on the screened in porch, you'd better be there to open the door in a hurry.

My dad says Lucy doesn't him boss him around; she just tells him what to do. Ummn, same difference in my book.

My princess, Gracie, is another example. I've always felt like that adorable little creature is ordering me around, much more so than the rest of my crew. In addition to being bossy about when she gets attention and treats, she also has me trained to come to her location wherever I am in the house , just by commanding me to do.

Of course, I wouldn't have it any other way.
Any other bossy kitties out there?

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sonic is the bossiest little mister, we of course cater to his every whim

There is absolutely no doubting when he wants something, and what it is he wants. It's not just vocal (although that is a big element!) but physical, if you are sitting down and he wants to sleep on you he will quite literally push you into position until he's comfortable

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tend to think that Max fits that description rather well.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both of my boys have us pretty well trained, but Forest is our bossy little bully. He lets us know, in no uncertain terms, what he wants and when he wants it. Heck, he even makes Tailer do what he wants. Pretty good for a kitty who started out life in a dumpster and could barely walk when we first got him!

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have two bossy girl kitties - Sushie & Spici

Sushie will push her way in to get lovings, shes very persistant until she gets her way, silly girl!
Spici loves to boss everyone around - us & the other kitties...she mews at us to give her what she wants, & mews at the other kitties to move out of the way
They are such cuties!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chynna is the boss of this house!
What she wants, she usually gets because she is so insistent and down right rude if you try to ignore her. She starts off polite. Poking her head at you, tapping you on the leg, sitting and looking at you, kissing your nose... but if you don't do what she wants IE: pick her up or feed her, she starts to get more pushy with her behaviour and more vocal about it too.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless them!
You`ve gotta admire their guts

Yeah, Kitty is definatly a bossy boots. My sister laughs at me and said I need to go on the pet equivelant of Jerry Springer, 'Help! My cat bosses me around!'

Tonight is going to be extra bad as he`s got to be fasted and kept in for the vets tomorrow morning and he`s already told me in no uncertain terms that he`s starving and I better feed him or else!

Now he`s laying on the floor giving me evils whilst swishing his tail

It`s going to be a long night.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Chynna is the boss of this house!
What she wants, she usually gets because she is so insistent and down right rude if you try to ignore her. She starts off polite. Poking her head at you, tapping you on the leg, sitting and looking at you, kissing your nose... but if you don't do what she wants IE: pick her up or feed her, she starts to get more pushy with her behaviour and more vocal about it too.
Same with Butzie. She starts out polite, gets a little more vocal, and ends up getting her way.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sassy is very vocal and he has several sounds that he uses only to boss me around.

He has a your ignoring me chirp, similar but not quite the same as his I know your awake you might as well open your eyes chirp..

He has a funny growl he uses when I am clipping his claws, cleaning his ears or anything else that he deems unnecessary and is just putting up with.

He has a couple of play meows when he wants me to chase him.

I have never heard him use any of these with the other cats so I guess they are exclusively for me.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh yeah, Ophelia is our bossy kitty. But since she's DADDY'S GIRL, she just bosses him around.
She tells him where to move to make room for her, when to come lay down with her (she's a snuggler - she prefers to be snuggled when she sleeps). She also force-snuggles with Trent. He doesn't like it, and won't put up with it when the new girls try it, but he puts up with it from Ophelia.

tia's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Are there any that aren't bossy.....my Tia will slap you if her food isn't there when she wants it. She moved in and we adapted quite well....getting other cats just gave her staff.

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well my "boss" isn't so bossy with us humans, but man is she a bossy to the other kitties!

If she hears the 'clink' of someone else in the food dish, even if she isn't hungry, Martha Mae, immediately comes over and shoves in, usually effectively pushing whoever it was OUT of the dish...then she walks away!!!!

Same with the water dish...What a poop!

She's also the one who we have to be watchful of when we bring in new kitties, cause she wants to 'rip them limb from limb'...of course, we just make sure to maintain proper loving on her, so she doesn't get jealous, and try not to interfere in the 'brawls' and eventually she will relent her 'hissy reign'!!

My other two aren't really bossy at all...to other cats, or humans...

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All 3 of mine are bossy, they continually try to out-boss each other

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I surpose Blossom is. She pulls our arms back when she want to lick our arms/hands.