Do you have a furry shadow?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stumpy lacks the ability to play independently, because that means she can't follow me around. So today I sat with her in our spare room which is pretty much empty at the moment and has become the kitty room - I threw a bunch of cat toys in there for them.

She had a great time playing, pretty much on her own, happy that I was there. As soon as I went downstairs, she raced down after me, and I sat on the couch, and she jumped up next to me purring at me.
It's oh so cute, but I wish she'd just go and play on her own!

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Faith is my furry shadow...she will follow me pretty much anywhere in the house, especially if I have been gone for a few hours! She is also ever perching on the back of my rocking chair, watching me type!Lol! Course, sometimes she tries to compute, herself, which doesn't usually go so well!Haha!

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blossom follows me around, not up so close always, but usually in the same room I'm in.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah yes, Miss Bella must must must occupy my lap at all possible times. If I am cooking she needs to be on the kitchen chair behind me and poke me in the back until I acknowledge her.

She does play by herself and with Stanley, but she will stop anything if one of us sits down within eyeshot.

I'm sure it has something to do with her last people abandoning her...we have lots of people-guided play time here (laser, da bird...) and very active bird watching windows, so I don't think she's bored, just needy.

raggiekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah, I have one too....bless her, she follows me around all the time and if I slip out of a room without her knowing, she comes through the house calling until I answer her and she comes running. It's cute except I feel bad if she was eating and leaves her food or interrupts a good nap.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dr. D Claw is our shadow. We joke that he has reactive attachment disorder because he constantly needs reassurance that he's loved. As I type this he's laying next to my hand. Purring.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, Bayley! He is constantly by my side! I adore it though & wouldn't have it any other way

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Yes i've got three. They can be sleeping like babies on the sofa beside me, but the minute i go upstairs to the bathroom their there
what is it about bathroom trips that they find so interesting? shinobi will scratch at the door to be let in and will also insist on walking around the edge of the bath when i'm in there. despite having fallen in twice now!

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If Hennessy isn't near me it's because he accidently got locked in the bedroom again (I leave the door open for him, but sometimes he shuts it...
)

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Arwen is my shadow, each time I go upstairs she is there! And Shark follows me down the road so far when I'm walking to the shops to make sure I'm alright

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Butzie likes to follow me and be in the same room when she wants to, although I can call her from wherever she is and she comes running - and meowing!

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's amazing to discover what personalities they have. 4 weeks into this, and Lena has become my shadow. She follows me everywhere (right....the bathroom seems to be an extremely fascinating place). But she always sits far enough away so that if I come toward her, she'll scatter. She just always needs to keep her eye on me. It's very funny and sort of sweet.

Last night she actually let me pet her for about 5 minutes, purring really loudly and arching her back. This was after I had her eating dry food right out of my hand.

Maybe she's following me because she can't figure out how to get more food.

brokenheart

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One of my cats is attached to my thigh about 50% of the time
The other one likes to stay in the bedroom and come out periodically to say hello.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tailer always has to keep an eye on me. He doesn't need to be touching me, and, in fact, prefers DH's lap to mine, but he's got to be able to watch what I'm doing at all times. If DH and I are in separate rooms for too long, Tailer will come and yell at one of us to go near the other one.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes Levi follows me around. Of coarse since I am only a human, I am not capable of going to the bathroom by myslef. It apparently requires a minimum of 2 feline assitants. Sometimes I need the help of all 4.

brokenheart

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

Sometimes Levi follows me around. Of coarse since I am only a human, I am not capable of going to the bathroom by myslef. It apparently requires a minimum of 2 feline assitants. Sometimes I need the help of all 4.
That's hilarious!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww! Cute Stumpy! She's definitely Meowmy's girl

Abby is my shadow. She will play a little on her own if I'm in the room with her, but as soon as I leave she's right behind me too.

Chynna is also not an independant kitty. She loves to be "interactive" with me. However, with her when I stop playing, she will lay there and take a nap. The only time she will follow me is when it's dinner time and she thinks I'm heading to the kitchen, or at bedtime when I turn out the lights. She runs ahead and practically trips me in her rush to get up on the bed