kitty was spayed and?

laurie314

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just got the rest of my crew spayed..everyone seems to be doing well but Honey...all of a sudden is peeing and pooping in weird spots. She peed on the couch yesterday and had a very watery stool behind the TV. She spooks real easy, could this be from stress from the surgery. I also have to very rambunctuos boys who love to pick ont he girls. I thoughat at first it was just Honey but they rough house with all the girls. The boys are twice the size as the girls. The other girls stick there claws out and give the boys a good slap when they do no want to be bothered, Honey will run and hide which the boys love and they just sit and stare at her and wait. I am home alot so I nip it in the bud when they start and I do not let her run and hide. I talk to her and she seems to be a bit morebrave when I am right there. I have been putting her in a huge cage when I leave with food and a litterbox just for her own protection cuz of the surgery. But, I don't understand why she is now going outside of the litterbox...any ideas? I keep taking her to the box and showing her. Suggestions please!!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She may have gotten a UTI from stress after the surgery? The watery stool also says to me there's a medical problem going on. I'd get her back to the vet for a checkup before doing anything else.

Laurie

katzyn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

She may have gotten a UTI from stress after the surgery? The watery stool also says to me there's a medical problem going on. I'd get her back to the vet for a checkup before doing anything else.

Laurie
I second this. =/

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some kitties need a bit more recovery and feel the hormonal changes very quickly which can cause stress and fear behavior reactions. I would keep her in a quite room, if you can give her a bedroom, separate litter, food and water and definitely talk to your vet about symptoms......

a_loveless_gem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd third what LDG suggested.

Despite it being a common procedure, it is serious surgery. Definitely take Honey back to the vet to get things checked out.

And once when you get back home, keep her separated from the masses for while she recovers especially if she gets spooked easily under normal circumstances. It is quite possible that Honey feels even less secure about things now that she isn't feeling 100%.