Surgery on Tuesday (Feb. 5th)

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So I'm finally having surgery on my left arm on Tuesday. I am honestly really looking forward to it. This week I haven't been able to take any NSAID's (aspirin, Advil, etc.) to help deal with the pain and swelling. I have been able to take Tylenol, but that doesn't even take the edge off the pain. So yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to getting this done!

I'm having an ulnar osteotomy, which is where they will slice out a few mm of bone out of my ulna. I'll have a steel plate and 6 screws put in my arm to put the bone back together. I'll be in a cast for a total of 6 weeks, and basically out from work for the better part of 2 weeks.

I've never had a broken bone or surgery before, so this is all a new experience to me. Should be interesting to say the least.
All I know is that getting it fixed so I'm not in constant pain like I have been for 5 months will be wonderful.

Any prayers or vibes would sure be appreciated.
I'm sure I'll be fine, but thee are obviously risks any time you go under general anesthesia, and of course the risks of infection, etc.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers. Once it is over, you'll think it was a piece of cake! You will be so happy to be pain free! Good luck, and please keep us posted!

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Any prayers or vibes would sure be appreciated.
I'm sure I'll be fine, but thee are obviously risks any time you go under general anesthesia, and of course the risks of infection, etc.
Consider it done, chikk! Will be thinking about you on that day!

for a fast and least painful recovery.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
FINALLY! IT'S HERE! Oh Heidi - I so hope this brings you to a pain free place - and soon! Boy - a different hurt, for a couple of weeks, may be a gift in and of itself.

that everything goes well, that you heal up quickly, and that the surgery will be a success!

With your two weeks off work, you better be around TCS at least a little bit as a one-finger (or one handed) typing bandit!

Laurie

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It must be such a relief to be having this surgery done, yet such a worry!

it goes well....& for hubby not to worry too much during surgery!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lots of quick recovery vibes going out to you!

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mega vibes coming your way Heidi! You've been in pain so long, no wonder you're looking forward to the surgery. How wonderful it will be to be pain free again, eh?

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooooh, good luck with it! I've never had a broken bone either, but i had a femoral osteotomy when i was 5 for my congenital hip displasure, (personally i'd much rather my arm!)

*hugs* lots of vibes!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

Sending lots of Vibes!

Have you tried Tylenol arthritis?
Fingers crossed she won't need it anymore!

Best of luck Heidi, we'll be thinking of you and sending lots of vibes!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Been thinking of you all week, Heidi! I remember that day because you were saying it was Super Tuesday & you would vote early!

You'll feel so great to be out of that horrible pain, I just know it. Are you ok with after the surgery? Need any meals catered in? I make good chili!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Been thinking of you all week, Heidi! I remember that day because you were saying it was Super Tuesday & you would vote early!

You'll feel so great to be out of that horrible pain, I just know it. Are you ok with after the surgery? Need any meals catered in? I make good chili!!!
Thanks everyone for the well wishes so far.
Unfortunately, I realized too late that Colorado does caucuses and not an actual primary vote, so I can't participate. I'll probably be way too drugged up on pain meds!
I never realized it was a caucus until this year, and I think that's because Colorado's primaries have always been so late that it's been well determined before it gets to us so I didn't participate the last 2 times (which were the only times I've been in CO when the primary took place).
I'm pretty disappointed, actually. The one time CO will actually have a true say in the nominee and I'm having surgery!

I think I'm pretty well set afterward.
But thanks for the offer!
Earl isn't going in to work until Thursday, and he works from home until then. He's a pretty good cook, too.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Thanks everyone for the well wishes so far.
Unfortunately, I realized too late that Colorado does caucuses and not an actual primary vote, so I can't participate. I'll probably be way too drugged up on pain meds!
I never realized it was a caucus until this year, and I think that's because Colorado's primaries have always been so late that it's been well determined before it gets to us so I didn't participate the last 2 times (which were the only times I've been in CO when the primary took place).
I'm pretty disappointed, actually. The one time CO will actually have a true say in the nominee and I'm having surgery!

I think I'm pretty well set afterward.
But thanks for the offer!
Earl isn't going in to work until Thursday, and he works from home until then. He's a pretty good cook, too.
I was wondering about that Caucus thing. My hubby said we weren't allowed to participate. That's awesome that Earl is going to take care of you. I hope he scoops the boxes too, and does the dishes, LOL! I loved my 2 surgeries in a way...I didn't have to do laundry for WEEKS!!!