Who has a quiet cat?

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm starting to think I have the quietest cat! A week or two can go by before I hear anything out of Lexi. The only time she EVER talks is when she wants food and it is loud.
Anyone else have a quiet cat?

hurdyburdy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a quiet cat during the day
in the morning when she wants me out of bed -- not so quiet

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woodward is a VERY quiet cat. He's almost 8 months old and last week was the first time I heard him make a sound and even then it was a tiny little "meep". A few of the others aren't very vocal but still make themselves known on occasion!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spaz is a very quiet girl.
She's like Silent Bob, she only talks if it's important and she can't get the point across any other way.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

She's like Silent Bob, she only talks if it's important and she can't get the point across any other way.
Reminds me of Arwen
Her mews can sound like rushes of air!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, when Spaz talks she has a very lady like, but loud meow.
She just doesn't talk much.

enuja

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Artemis makes the most plaintive sound I've ever heard when she wants to be pet and I'm not in the same room as her. Both Artemis and Athena purr fairly loudly, and if Artemis doesn't like the play fighting Athena wants to do with her, there will be growling and hissing.

But the meows on the answering machine left by my spouse are really the only meows I hear on a day to day basis. Some cats just don't say much.

kelicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Heheh, my Shellbie is the quietest little thing! I don't think I have ever heard her actually meow, but she will let out the tiniest little squeak if you pick her up (she doesn't like being picked up).

Now, Penny, my foster is absolutely unreal.... she talks from morning to night, you can carry on a conversation with her for an hour! She yells at you if you close a door, she doesn't like it if you are in the shower too long, and lets you know it's time to get out.

calicoprincess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bentley is my only quiet kitty. He commonly does the silent meow thing when he is looking at me. Pretty much the only time I hear him make actual noise is when I am petting him and he is beyond happy to be getting attention from his mama (then he makes little chirping sounds) or when he is purring.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gus my feral boy, rarely talks when he does he has the softest mew.you can barely hear him, it balance out with Lucky is always talking and you can hear her even if she's down stairs

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our kitties were ALL quiet (all feral rescues - their moms teach them not to talk) until Flowerbelle came into the house. We liked it quiet. She of course, can't hear herself meow and so doesn't mind talking a LOT. She usually has the cutest chirps and trills - but she can really belt it out.

Of course now EVERYONE talks - but all in these really spazzy sounding meows - and Tuxedo, our tough alpha boy - has the teeniest girliest meow.
"Pet me, brush me, I want treats, I don't know what I want, but I want attention....."

And Ming Loy treats talking like radar. She'll just sit wherever she is and belt out a big MEOW...... now we know we don't need to go rushing to see what the matter is. But it worked pretty well for her at first!

Laurie

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
When it was just Petunia and me, she rarely talked. Before my husband and I got together, he said the same thing about Much. But when we moved in together, some how they found their voices and let us know a lot that they were not pleased with the situation.

Now we have three talkers. Carly is the loudest on average but Lucy can let out this loud merrow that we swear you can hear for miles. Much lets us know when she is displeased.

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Raven is a pretty quiet cat. She meows if I "meow" at her, or when she is coming to me. Other than that hardly a sound.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
me! Java is extremely quiet.. i rarely hear her purr or 'mew' [she doesn't meow, she mews, like a baby kitten
] or hiss.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a couple! I've had Nemesis a year now and I don't think I have EVER heard her meow, not one single time. Electra is like Kelicats' Shellbie, she only squeaks when I pick her up (also in protest
) but I can here her purr across the room

others, like Circe, Pandora and Demeter are the opposite end of the spectrum

shopcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Skyler is a quiet little guy-he only meows when I first start to pet him. He lets out a creaky meow or two, but is usually quiet any other time. My other two are alot more vocal, depending on the situation.