What an ordeal

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I woke up at 1:30 this morning to find DH's truck gone. He was home in bed so he sure didn't have it. I woke him up and we called the cops. We filed a police report but said there was a slight chance it could have been repoed. He got a hold of the place where he got his truck today and the guy said all their repos pop up on a computer with the repo guys. His truck had been repoed but it shouldn't have been. The guy thinks it came up on the computer that his payment was later than it actually was or they repoed the wrong truck. So we canceled the case with the police. Oh yeah, he has to pay 100 dollar towing fee to get his truck back.!!! He shouldn't be responsible for that if they screwed up.

hurdyburdy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That really isn't right at all if it was a mistake on their part. They'll probably say that the towing company is a separate business -- but still doesn't make it right.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If they made a mistake and ordered that it be repossessed by mistake, then they should not be charging you for the towing fee. It was there mistake that resulted in your truck being towed, so you should not be held responsible for the fee.

I would tell them that, nicely, and explain why you feel that way. If they still tell you to pay it, do so. But then file a suit in small claims court to get the money back. Sue for the $100.00, cost of transportation to pick up the truck and filing fees and court costs.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If they took your truck by mistake, maybe you can sue. Or if they still have the truck and they took it under false pretenses, did the repo company or the towing company steal it? That means they are in possession of stolen property. Hmmm.......

Do you think it was a scam to make $100 on the part of the towing company and they're splitting the $ with the repo company?

As you can tell, I have little trust of other people in these matters.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH got his truck back today without paying the 100 bucks.

thezookeeper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That happened to my best friend several months a go, but she ended up having to pay $800 for towing. She was FURIOUS!!!!! I hope the loan place learns to check the facts, addresses and payments more carefully.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

I woke up at 1:30 this morning to find DH's truck gone. He was home in bed so he sure didn't have it. I woke him up and we called the cops. We filed a police report but said there was a slight chance it could have been repoed. He got a hold of the place where he got his truck today and the guy said all their repos pop up on a computer with the repo guys. His truck had been repoed but it shouldn't have been. The guy thinks it came up on the computer that his payment was later than it actually was or they repoed the wrong truck. So we canceled the case with the police. Oh yeah, he has to pay 100 dollar towing fee to get his truck back.!!! He shouldn't be responsible for that if they screwed up.
I see you got your truck back and didn't have to pay the $100. That's great.

Back in November our old car was stolen. The police found it 2 blocks from our house but because we weren't home when they called, they had it towed quite a distance away. We had to go there to pick up our car and pay $250 to the towing company to get our car back when we could have just walked 2 blocks to get it.