This is all I need

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It cannot be avoided, as anyone anytime can get it. Scabies!! Well at least that what it looks like, I have been to my doctor who put me on some antibiotic tablets, I started them on saturday, he took a swab of a large infected sore that is on my arm as well. Other than that I have broke out in really small itchy lumps which blister pop and then scab over quite easily, the doc said it could be a couple of things but was not sure yet. Well me and the power of google thinks it might be scabies as it shows all the classic symptoms. Anybody else ever had this? if so what was used for the clearing of it? That is another subject altogether as there seems mixed opinions about treatment, because some of the stuff that can get prescribed contains chemicals found in pesticides. The best stuff I have found online is a mixture of hanukkah and tea tree cream. Apparently the tea tree has some amazing healing properties. Any advise on this would be great thanks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have read virtually all there is to read on the subject, the thing is its only the the top half of me thats got this rash, whilst scabies starts off in places like between the hands elbows and feet, I have no signs of it it in those places. I am treating the situation as if it was though. Ahh! how nice it is to sleep in a big double bed by myself with all the room to stretch out. Oh well just have to wait and see what the doc says. It could be anything I suppose, last year my dad had skin just pealing off all over his hands and eyes, and was covered in blisters. He found out eventualy it was a reaction to using glue from when he builds models, he did not use it on a daily basis and had never suffered with anything like it in his life before.Another thing is pond plants, some can give people one hell of a reaction, even if just briefly touched, I think Lily`s can be the biggest culprit. Thanks anyway.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had it!! I got the shampoo medicine that they give you to wash your whole body with, alls me and my friend has to do was use the prescribed tube of medicine on us twice and then stay away from everyone! We even got kicked outta school for a few days! We got it by sharing a.. ummm. we'll say smoke, we had to wash all of our clothing, beds, everything but it went away pretty quickly! I hope it goes away! If you can get the meds and handle washing with it I WOULD!! It works...

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for that glitch, Like I say I cannot be sure what it is until the results come back. I spelt it wrong in my first post but the wife bought me some Manuka honey and some TeaTree soap and oil. Man that Manuka is supposed to have some healing properties. It comes in strengths up to 30+. Check it out.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3787867.stm as well as taking two spoonfuls of honey, I also spread some on my sore, what the hell in for a penny in for a pound as the saying goes. The sore itself is on top of an old burn that I recieved, you can just spot some smaller red marks above it. This is how it started, I think because the skin was so thin in that area due to the burn it has just destroyed the tissue. Elswhere they are just little scabbed over blisters now.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That looks painful!
Hope you heal up soon.

I`ve had scabies and the doctor mis-diagnosed it at first and gave me this greasy yellow cream for eczema. Well, that made the little blighters mad and it just itched even more!

Eventually got some over the counter stuff from the chemist that`s made for scabies and, a-hem, crabs, which I didn`t have ( just so you know!
)
Can`t remember what it was called but it was a white liquid that you paint all over you, head to toe, and you have to not wash for about 12 hours I think. That got rid of them!

It was horrible though and when I went to the chemist and paid for the stuff, the woman made it so obvious she really didn`t want to hand me my change!

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well I have just come back from the docs,he said it is not scabies. I have to go into hospital in the morning to visit a clinic that deals with this kind of stuff. He thinks that some kind of bug has got into the old scar tissue and eaten what skin I had away, the wound is now twice as big as in the picture, and my arm has swollen quite a bit along with a numness and pins and needles in my hand. Hopefully after some skin tests they will be able to diagnose stronger drugs to sort it out, and possibly a skin graft.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahh you mean the Dermatology Unit? They are pretty good for dealing with any sort of skin condition, they will have you healed in no time!

Good luck

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like that horrible bacterial infection that can eat your skin - very best of luck to you - I hope they can treat it properly and fast, you must be in a lot of pain!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh goodness I hope its not a flesh eating bacteria!! It looks really icky, and not at all like what the scabies I had looked like! Mine was bumpy, but it didn't wheep at all! (I cought it RIGHT away) So yeah, I bet thats something.. umm.. worse! It looks like it hurts!! Sending you some awesome Healing

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the vibes. Funny thing was the swab the doc took on Friday was sent to a lab about 16 miles away, and they only received it late Tuesday. I thought well by the time they got it the bacteria on the swab would be dead
Now, he sends me to the hospital 4 miles away and reckons that after a few simple tests would probably be able to diagnose it. Ughh!! calll me stupid but why not just send me to the hospital in the first place? Maybe if he had wrapped me up and posted me off to the lab I would have been cured by the time I reached my destination

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well thanks to all again for the vibes.Update.Due to shortage of staff it was seven hours waiting in the hospital to be seen by the doc. When he did arrive he took one look and said, well I dont know why your gp has sent you here, you need the dermatology department. Oh! well off I go. Thistime only about a 30minute wait to be seen. The doc confirms that it is obviously an infection and also eczema has set in as well, that explains breaking out in blisters. I am now on double strength penicillin tablets and have a few creams to rub on as well. I have to go back on Friday for a check again. The thing is, and I have been there before, when you go into a hospital and see the problems that those around you have, it puts things into perspective, and what I have got is just really some discomfort