Speaking of cold showers...

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was in a hurry this morning because I had an appointment...so I jump in the shower..and there's NO hot water

I couldn't not shower because I had to be somewhere..so I clenched my jaw took a deep breath and had an actual cold shower all the way from washing hair to feet..It was horrible. The most uncomfortable thing I have ever experienced.

I have never ran out of hot water the whole time I have lived here...and if it ever happens again I am moving out

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

and if it ever happens again I am moving out
Nah, you won't
At least you had some water to shower in. There are periods in my building where they will turn the water off early in the morning to do some work on something, and it doesn't get turned on until 5pm! Sometimes they post a notice, other times they don't. Sometimes when they post a notice, I don't know about it because they post it on the main floor and there are times I don't get out for days.

I've lost count how many times I've needed to shower and haven't been able to, even before work, because of that.

I'm so paranoid about it happening again that I always keep my kettle full of water and have 3 jugs of water in the fridge at all times so that I can heat some up and at least sponge bath and wash my hair.

Cold showers in the summer are a great thing. But not so nice in winter!

Did you ever find out why there was no hot water? Did a pipe break or something?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would rather there be no water
Then at least I don't have to endure the cold shower..and I can just stay stinky and it wouldn't be my fault

I just live in the downstairs of a house. I emailed my landlord and she said she hasn't had that problem and to tell her if it happens again and she will get a guy to come check it out.

The hot water is back now so I don't know what happened this morning. Maybe all three of us were showering at the same time or something.
(Its a triplex)

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found out today that the apartments where I live has huge boilers by the pool that service the whole complex. It takes forever for the water to heat to travel to my apartment but when it is there... it stays hot for a long long time! What I hate is when I am taking a shower, and someone in one of the other apartments flushes their toilet or something... I don't like being scalded and it takes forever to cool to where I can stand it. The apartments are all single story and there are about 80 or so apartments

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that would stink! I remember summer camp we would all go to the showers at the butt crack of dawn and since we would all be in there there would be absolutely possitivly NO HOT WATER! It was a traumatizing way to wake up each day! You had to learn to get up EARLIER than the butt crack of dawn to get a hot one, and then hope that your alarm didn't wake any one else up!!

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was on a four month deployment down in Bolivia. Every day for four months I had to take a cold shower. It sucked but it was better than nothing. The only thing was that it was dusty all of the time where we were so as soon as you went outside you were dirty again.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man I hate cold showers. We have a vacation house in florida and sometimes the hot water runs out. It's really annoying.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm shivering along with you! Our boiler decided to die some time Friday night, and the electrician says he can come after 2:30 p.m. tomorrow!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

I'm shivering along with you! Our boiler decided to die some time Friday night, and the electrician says he can come after 2:30 p.m. tomorrow!
For me, I found out that my upstairs neighbour had friends over, and they were all showering in a row

At least I don't have to look forward to it happening again

OMG, what are you going to do until tomorrow without hot water!?!?