Anybody else?

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Am I the only one who's not getting e-mail notification when there's a reply to a thread you're subscribed to?

I'm getting private e-mail and messages from the Yahoo groups I belong to, so it doesn't seem to be my ISP or Outlook Express.
This is the only place that I'm not getting e-mail from.

I re-booted the computer, cleared the cookies...three times, did a disc defragment and a disc clean-up but I'm still not getting e-mail from here even though several subscribed threads have had responses.
It looks like it's been going on for several days.
Oh, and I also checked my user cp to make sure none of the settings somehow got changed, they didn't everything is the same as it's always been.

Can anyone think of what it might be, or what I could try to remedy this?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I've just checked your settings, which seem to be okay. Are you using IE7 as your browser? There seem to be some problems with it. An alternative browser like Firefox or Opera might resolve the problem. Have you logged out, and then logged in again? Have you checked your email spam file, to make sure email notifications from TCS aren't ending up there?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We do use IE, but I think it's 6 not 7...but that's what I've used since I joined so that hasn't changed.
I have logged out and logged back in, but that doesn't seem to work either.
The SPAM folder was the first thing I checked, I even checked the blocked senders list to see if somehow the address got blocked, but that's not it either.
The only thing I know for sure is that it's driving me nuts!

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm about to have a breakdown, no matter what I do I can't figure out what the problem is.
Yesterday it was just the mail, now today it took me 15 minutes just to get the site to open and another 10 minutes to get to this page so I could type this!

I called my ISP and since this is the only place I'm not getting mail from they said it's not on their end.
Then I asked them if something could be wrong with IE, they said that if this is the only site I'm having trouble getting to that they doubt it's IE either.

Years ago we had a WEBTV...that thing worked all the time, everytime.
Sometimes I wish we still had that, I'd be willing to give up the things you can't do with it for the fact that it always worked.

As a last resort I decided to create a Yahoo mail account to use here, so I'm going to go change it in my user cp now.
If that doesn't work I think I'll just throw the computer out the window...I'm not above resorting to violance

I NEED my TCS fix

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alrighty then!
I just changed my e-mail address and I got the activation e-mail so maybe things will work now...God I hope so

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I spoke to soon.
It worked for a little over a week and now I'm not getting e-mails any more.
I'm not making yet another e-mail change and I can't think of anything else to do so I guess I'll just have to wait and see if it starts working again.

In the mean time if anyone can think of anything else that I could check, please let me know.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I seen on another forum before that there is a limit to the threads you can subscribe to. People here have said they subscribe to more without problem but it solved the problem in the past so is worth trying

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, I got rid of a boat load of subscriptions so we'll see if that works.
At this point I'll try just about anything

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have 5539 thread subscriptions. But I don't get email notifications. I dumped that setting eons ago, because my inbox was about to burst. I leave my subscription setting on "no email notification", and just check my subscribed threads under User CP, whenever I feel so inclined. The new posts are all there, no need to have a crammed inbox, and you have a handy "unsubscribe" link right there for the moment when you decide you don't need to follow that thread anymore. Works for me.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Graciecat

Thanks, I got rid of a boat load of subscriptions so we'll see if that works.
At this point I'll try just about anything
Did that work? I`ve just got rid of most of mine because I`ve stopped getting the e-mails. It hasn`t worked for me though and is really annoying because I`m so used to keeping track of things through my e-mails and that`s how I prefer to do it.

There not going in my junk folder so I`ve no idea what`s happened

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This happens to me from time from time (where I don't get notification emails). Then all of a sudden they will start back up again. I've never figured out what the problem is but It's very curious.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

Did that work? I`ve just got rid of most of mine because I`ve stopped getting the e-mails. It hasn`t worked for me though and is really annoying because I`m so used to keeping track of things through my e-mails and that`s how I prefer to do it.

There not going in my junk folder so I`ve no idea what`s happened
No, it didn't really help.
They didn't come for a couple of days and then all of a sudden I started getting them again.
Wish I could be more help.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

This happens to me from time from time (where I don't get notification emails). Then all of a sudden they will start back up again. I've never figured out what the problem is but It's very curious.
Same here, I don't get e-mails for a while and then all of a sudden they start coming again.
At first I thought it was the e-mail address from my ISP so I got a yahoo address to use here.
I thought that was going to solve the problem because as soon as I changed addresses the e-mails started rolling in...that didn't last long..they stopped coming to the yahoo address too...then a couple of days later they started coming again.

Must just be a hiccup somewhere