My new house (finally!)

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Well i finally took pictures of the new house. I could show you millions! We found out that our backyard has the following foodage:rhubarb, bush beans, tomato, nasturtiums, strawberries, parsley, chives, zucchini, pears, apples, nectarines, lemons, pomegranate, grapes, plums, kumquat, and an almond tree at the front. I've also just sown lebanese cucumber, silverbeet, carrots, parsnip and spring onion seeds.

Enjoy

South side of the house. The whole area around the house is paved. Over the road is bush, a creek and lots of mountains, the houses are further up so no annoying neighbours.

Front of the house. (pardon the packing boxes) The photos don't do it justice. There are various bulbs, roses, native plants, towering pine and gum trees, wisteria and more. That landing of grass in front of the house is round, and then drops down. We're pretty sure it's actually built over a huge water tank.

North side of the house. This is actually a man made run off from the pond up the back. So when it pours down, there is a river outside our louge window

The pond. It was full when we moved, it was emptied out to get rid of the mosquito larve. That is all water from a huge pour down we had two days ago. We're going to get a fishy for it once we've cleaned it, so munch on the bugs.

Pretty hibiscus

View from my bedroom of the backyard. WAY better than a tall fence and the neighbours neglected backyard, and annoying stickynose toddler

Someone getting used to mummy having a full length window that he now can't jump onto the windowsill

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, the place looks gorgeous!!!!! I love the view from your window, and I imagine a certain little pussy cat will also love it!

Good luck with the unpacking

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
One of the many, many roses we have in the backyard. I thought this picture turned out really well

Pomegranate. I've never seen on irl!

We have our very own grapes!!! Flame seedless, yummy

The beautiful retaining wall/steps that lead into the backyard

Our very first plum, a week ago i didn't know it was there because it blended in so well

Back of the house. Your feet are pretty much level with the roof, then the yard goes up on a steep hill.

The foodage garden. The white netting is strawberries. The light green are all the seeds i've just put in. Up the back are the tomatoes/zucchini/nasturtiums etc. Still in the midst of giving it shade. Going to put over a semi circle roof made of irrigation tubing/star pickets like you see on hothouses. But stakes will do for the moment.

Shed. Now tomorrow we're building Charlie a temp enclosure near the house. But we've decided that the left half of this shed will be his permanent one. We're going to fence it off after the water tank. The will have alot of climbing room. There are dry covered areas. And the shed is in 3 sections so he will also have a dry house as well. There's lots of stuff for him to explore once we clean it up and make it kitty worthy

What do you think?
We're on roughly 1450spm now, which is alot bigger than before. There are about 10 fruit trees scattered in the backyard as well. The garden is a work in progress.

It's very relaxing and roomy, and i'm still adjusting to it.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Wow, the place looks gorgeous!!!!! I love the view from your window, and I imagine a certain little pussy cat will also love it!

Good luck with the unpacking
Thanks Sarah. We've actually finished unpacking. We've been here 12 days now. We need to get a skip because we have too much junk for the small bins lol. Chuckie was meowing and meowing for days, going to each window and scratching them. He was depressed and anxious. Now he has cuddles and purrs and is eating well. I think after 8 months he has to know he will remain an indoor kitty. We're on a main road anyway, and there lots of bush with alot of nasty creatures, he couldn't go out with the risk of being hurt. He gets his temporary enclosure tomorrow, then a bigger one hopefully in a month or two. This one is smaller than the last, but it's just to he can retain his sanity and get the fresh air and grass he needs while we plan.

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! That is absolutely beautiful..I think Id like to move in with you
and all the fruit and vegetables

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Emma, what a wonderful place, just bursting with life! I know what a joy it is to make things grow... you'll be so happy there! Congratulations!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is soo nice - lots of potential and really a cool looking house/yard. I love the little pond. Thanks for sharing.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow!!!
It is gorgeous and I would be in heaven with all those plants and a pond! We have a pond in our backyard also. I love nature and that would be a dream house for me!
Enjoy!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The roses are beautiful! They are my favorite flower, not that anyone would have guessed that from my avatar and signature.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so happy for you!!! I just can't wait till we have a place of our own!!!! The yard is just beautiful!!!! I'm jealous!!! It reminds me of one of those quaint little cottege houses all by themselves in a garden!!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its so cool to see the landscape of a different part of the world especially know that we have lots and lots of snow for the next several weeks yet. The fruit that you can grow is great. Are you in a more rural area??

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Its so cool to see the landscape of a different part of the world especially know that we have lots and lots of snow for the next several weeks yet. The fruit that you can grow is great. Are you in a more rural area??
Yes, definetely more rural. The house i grew up in for 19 years was opposite bushland, near a huge creek and surrounded by paddocks/reserves, but still suburban. The last house we were at for 18 months was suburban, less trees, were closer to the national park but surrounded by more flats/multi blocks and lots of bogans, drunks, trouble makers. This house is on the outskirts of hippie country
we have tonnes of bushland, the houses are still a normal distance apart, but the blocks are really long so even without solid wooden fences there is lots of privacy. There are tonnes of native birds, i've seen rabbits and alpacas. And we have eucalyptus and pine trees.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yummy pomegranates.... I grew up with these... Try not to pick them until they split open. Then crack open and eat the seeds.. they are sooooo yummy! But beware... they do stain.

I also grew up with grapes, apricots, figs, walnuts and pecans..