I think it's time to lose weight

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight me and my boyfriend went to get pizza and the girl working at the pizza place was a girl that I used to work with. When we were ordering, she asked me if I was pregnant.
I was like ummmm...nope just fat. She tried to cover it up by saying "oh, well everyone around here is pregnant, and I am trying."

I think it is time to lose some weight. I really am not that big, and I only weigh about 10 pounds more than when I used to work with her.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you're only 10 pounds more than when she last saw you, that isn't bad.

But take if from me - if you have 10 pounds to lose, do it now, rather than wait until you have 60 to lose!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DO not feel bad .... I am about 5 2 and at the time weighed 90 lbs and someone asked me if I was preggo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

If you're only 10 pounds more than when she last saw you, that isn't bad.

But take if from me - if you have 10 pounds to lose, do it now, rather than wait until you have 60 to lose!
I have about 60 to lose actually.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Logan Firestone

well im sure that was awkward\t
It really was. My boyfriend was making fun of me after (just joking around).

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sorry you had to experience that awkward moment!!!

Hubby and I are both trying to lose some lbs too...I have about 25 to go, and hubby...well...we won't say!!! He feels horrible about himself!!!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes! I Guess it just depends on where you gain your weight.

I remember feeling bad for my SIL a few years ago. She had gained most of her weight in her belly, so my parents kept asking me if I thought she was pregnant. I kept telling them no she wasn't.

kelicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I"m so sorry
I know how bad it makes you feel about yourself.... I had two customers ask me that this year....

I am overweight, but I don't consider myself excessively so. I just keep all my excess weight in my midsection and hips, so it give that horrible appearance that I might be preg. (which isn't a horrible thing in itself, but it's horrible when you're NOT!)

I need to lose 20 lbs, but my goal is 30.

The whole thing has taught me (which I never would have anyway!), NEVER to ask someone if they are preg. if you don't know!!! Let them tell you if they are!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hence why I don't ask when the baby's due until she's really poking out!

I believe the healthiest way is to lose a pound a week. That way it's gradual so your body weight won't swing back and forth, which makes it even harder to lose the pounds. Hey, you could do what I do and walk dogs at the shelter on the weekends! Now that is a workout!

You don't walk them, they walk you.

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I recently had the same thing happen to me when I went to Cali for a visit. I decided to go see the gal who always did my nails and eyebrows and get a little touch up. One of the women in there ran up to me and immediately placed her hand on my tummy and was so excited. So I had to tell her that nope since I moved 7 month ago I packed on the lbs. Since then I've been very committed
to the treadmill.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

Tonight me and my boyfriend went to get pizza and the girl working at the pizza place was a girl that I used to work with. When we were ordering, she asked me if I was pregnant.
I was like ummmm...nope just fat. She tried to cover it up by saying "oh, well everyone around here is pregnant, and I am trying."

I think it is time to lose some weight. I really am not that big, and I only weigh about 10 pounds more than when I used to work with her.
10 pounds isn't bad. This #@!* medicine I am on has put 20 pounds on me in three weeks! I have been going to the all you can eat pizza almost every day for those three weeks!

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

When we were ordering, she asked me if I was pregnant.
i wish people would "think" before they opened there mouth! it really annoy's me that does, if i were you i would of returned a comment saying, "well, havn't you put on a few pounds aswel". give her a taste of her own medicine!

god am evil LOL!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If it ever happens again, just say this,

"The only thing I'm expecting is an apology"

That ought to shut them up.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

If it ever happens again, just say this,

"The only thing I'm expecting is an apology"

That ought to shut them up.
A-mazing. Love it.

I've been asked if I'm pregnant before...I'm 5' 4" and I weigh like 115 pounds, so it's not like I'm remotely chubby. I think it's those gosh-darm empire waisted cotton dresses that are popular...they could make Keira Knightley look pregnant!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought it was an unwritten rule that you don't say that to women under any circumstance..it is not worth risking the embarrasment of both parties involved.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

I think it's those gosh-darm empire waisted cotton dresses that are popular...they could make Keira Knightley look pregnant!
Yeah. Even the tops are like that but those things are super comfy for me whenever I feel insecure about my body.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
If if makes you feel any better...a few months ago, I was in line at the pizza place, which is staffed by ethnic Italians. A pretty young lady, NOT 1 ounce of fat on her, was wearing one of those peasant-type blouses that are popular--the ones with the Empire waist. The guy behind the counter, trying to make conversation in broken English (I honestly think he just arrived here, and perhaps those tops are not popular in Italy), asked her, "Boy or girl?" She stammered, "Neither!" I think he just assumed it was a maternity top! She certainly didn't look pregnant to me.