rescued bunnies

calicoprincess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A member of a bunny forum I'm on needed help in transporting two bunnies she is adopting to her so I picked them up from the airport today. I wanted to share some pictures with you guys but I think I should warn you first, they have pretty severely splayed legs so they don't look completely normal. They are both sweethearts though and I think they are adorable.

Ignore my mess please. This week has been crazy with trapping the bunny my stupid co-worker dumped and then getting these guys.

hurdyburdy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's nice that you are able to help get them into a good home. I haven't heard of splayed legs in rabbits before -- do you know what caused it and is there anything that can be done for them. They are cute bunnies

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calicoprincess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hurdyburdy

That's nice that you are able to help get them into a good home. I haven't heard of splayed legs in rabbits before -- do you know what caused it and is there anything that can be done for them. They are cute bunnies
Honestly, this kind of came up quick so I am not positive but I suspect that they were born with the problem and I don't believe that anything can be done for them. They get around though, they kind of move like turtles.

hurdyburdy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hope that they will have a great home with your friend

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness! They are just darling!!!! Poor things with their legs
What do you think made them that way? Can they still get around?

calicoprincess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I actually had a chance to read their paperwork last night and it is a congenital defect. They do get around. They don't use any of their legs normally though, they kind of use their knees as feet. As I type this, they are scooting around exploring my living room. They actually seem like happy little bunnies despite it all.

calicoprincess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xLaydeexTaniax

yeh, me aswel! they are little sweetheart's
They do have a great home. . . I just dropped them off and I am still talking to her now. Not only do they have a great home, I think I got a great friend out of it all. . .