We got a 'new' car!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We finally got a RUNNING car! Right off a Craig's List, my DH found a '95 Dodge Stealth for only $1300! We used our tax return to buy it and OMG, it's fabulous! It used to be red but the previous owner had it professionally painted orange. (I know, orange?!)
It works great, probably needs a new battery but that's it. The guy we got it from is a mechanic and said that if we had any problems down the road, just bring it to him and he'll fix it for free! I don't have a pic yet because my DH is out with it but thank goodness we finally got a working car that doesn't sound like it's breaking apart on us. It's so quiet! (And finally because I was getting tired of DH renting out ZipCars, those things are expensive!!!)
Ah, finally we're catching a break. Now all we need to do now is sell the old Saturn SL1 to a junk yard for scraps. (If anyone remembers, that's the one we had bought for $850 and died on us about 4 months later.)

So, until I get an actual pic, here's what it should look like under that orange paint... (It's not that bad, but I don't like orange much.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xLaydeexTaniax

that's nice!
Thanks! My DH went online to see how much it was in its 'prime' and guess what the starting price was in '95?!
$44,000!!!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
That orange would be a bit bright. Congratulations on new transportation.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

That orange would be a bit bright. Congratulations on new transportation.
Yeah, but on a good note, at least I don't have to worry about losing it in a busy parking lot!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Quick pics in the freezing cold! Brr!!!

Look who I found! Poor stray... I didn't see a collar on him/her and it ran before I could get a closer look.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
That is orange
. But it does appear to have a matching cat.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That is orange
. But it does appear to have a matching cat.
My DH saw that over my shoulder and laughed! Haven't seen the kitty since though I'm hoping he/she is the one killing the all rats outside. I hate rats! I feel bad for it though, having to be out in the cold. How in the world do strays survive in the freezing temperatures?!

Thanks everyone!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That is orange. But it does appear to have a matching cat.

Congratulations on your new car
And the orange will be safer in driving in foggy conditions !
I hope that the stray kitty has found a nice, safe hidey-hole to stay warm in

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
CONGRATS!!

I love DODGE sports cars! that was a great one in their hayday ( 90's). Be aware tho, fixing it come any problem IS expensive. IF the owner said he would fix it for free down the road, GET IT IN WRITING!!!! Dont trust word of mouth, cause if it comes down to it, its jsut " he said she said".

Also, take it to a mechanic YOU trust, and have a complete once over done on it. It costs llike $35, but WELL worth it, in case there are any problems.

Good Luck with it! In the spring, bring it to a detail shop, and have them do a complete wash, wax and buff on it, and really bring out the shine, you will feel like a millon bucks!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Liza24

Also, take it to a mechanic YOU trust, and have a complete once over done on it. It costs llike $35, but WELL worth it, in case there are any problems.

Good Luck with it! In the spring, bring it to a detail shop, and have them do a complete wash, wax and buff on it, and really bring out the shine, you will feel like a millon bucks!
Already took it to a mechanic for a check up and he said basically what the previous owner said, may need a new battery but it'll be fine in the meantime.
I think we'll take your advice on the 'spring cleaning' details. That'll be nice! A few of the guys at my husband's work were actually jealous when he showed it to them!
My DH looked up the Kelly Blue Book price and it's still worth a pretty sum, about $12,000! We both feel really lucky that we found this!