Got my new work permit!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am now officially allowed to work in the US again!
That means I have to find another job at some point... It's probably another 2 months before I'm physically ready to work again, but if I start looking now the right job might come along by then. I have the perfect job that I really want, but the job has been up for a while and last time I applied for it (months ago), they said they had filled it and just hadn't taken it down. I think there's a few positions include contract positions, so I'll give it another go and see what happens.

I can't believe I'm going to have to go back to work at some point - I haven't worked in 7 months now!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats I think!
It's nice to have an extended break from work, but not when you're sick because being sick is a full time job in itself!

Don't rush back to work. While you may be ready to return in a couple months, it wouldn't hurt to take a month or two more just to be safe and make sure that you are physically healed.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I am now officially allowed to work in the US again!
That means I have to find another job at some point... It's probably another 2 months before I'm physically ready to work again, but if I start looking now the right job might come along by then. I have the perfect job that I really want, but the job has been up for a while and last time I applied for it (months ago), they said they had filled it and just hadn't taken it down. I think there's a few positions include contract positions, so I'll give it another go and see what happens.

I can't believe I'm going to have to go back to work at some point - I haven't worked in 7 months now!
As I just pointed out to another member, it has been shown that if you can get your interview set up on a Friday you stand a better chance of getting the job. That is what the statistics show. Best of luck to you!

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats. I agree with Natalie_ca though, take some time for yourself and time to heal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I plan to take time - that's why I'm not planning to start for another couple of months! The doctors say you can go back to light duties at work after 6 weeks, but recommend 3 months to ensure a full recovery, so it should all be fine.

I'm applying for a job right now!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats! Although I would die for a trip to anywhere but here. The U.S. is too crazy at the moment with the elections and politics.