You have three cats?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scratch is scared of everything and everyone. Including us. It's taken him forever just to ask for petting and to be comfortable in the same room as DH and I.

Last night we had a friend over. She decided to sit in the new chair that we have in our den. After a while she heard, "Meeep... humf.... sigh". (That is Scratch for, "I'm sleepy. Can this person go home please so I don't have to be on guard at all times?)

We started to look for my shaggy man. He was under the chair. Curled into a little ball shaking.

Poor Scratch.

judi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Scratch is scared of everything and everyone. Including us. It's taken him forever just to ask for petting and to be comfortable in the same room as DH and I.

Last night we had a friend over. She decided to sit in the new chair that we have in our den. After a while she heard, "Meeep... humf.... sigh". (That is Scratch for, "I'm sleepy. Can this person go home please so I don't have to be on guard at all times?)

We started to look for my shaggy man. He was under the chair. Curled into a little ball shaking.

Poor Scratch.
I have one cat and one kitten but I have a friend with three cats and one of her daughters has three cats.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww, poor little guy!

Sounds to me like Ferris and Scratch could hang out.

Ferris speaks much the same language, especially the heavy sighs.
He is getting braver, though, when strangers (to him) come over. Occasionally we'll even get a glimpse of him as he peeks around a corner.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had friends who we knew for about a year before they realised we had 3 cats... Granted, they're not very observant, but still!

Lily often does the same thing, only she hides behind the couch. As soon as our guests leave, she comes running out mewing.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Count your blessings guys....I have to forewarn people about the white cat in the basement....they'll see Twitch & cringe!
I've started to remember to tell them there's two white cats....I had one guest get up & run from Twitch.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boys are the complete opposite, all over guests like a rash

Radar scares people with his manic foot obsession - it starts with rubbing his head on their feet and ends with screaming

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww... poor kitten

Tiny's like that. He only just now peeked around a corner at a cat-loving friend of mine--BIG first!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Smokey was that way until she became an elderly lady. Then any attention was good attention. My Maggie tends to be afraid of strangers. She's a Momma's girl, but let a stranger come over and she hides for a while. Then she gets up on her tall cat tree and stairs down at them suspiciously (SP?). I've found this a little strange for her since she was born and raised in the shelter. I was the first person to touch her. We handled them from day one. Up until she was 3 months old there were differnt people handling her every day. I sometimes wonder if because her Mom was feral she has some sort of in born lack of trust of people?

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I've started to remember to tell them there's two white cats....I had one guest get up & run from Twitch.
Sounds like our house. We have to remember to tell people who come over two things:
1. Forest came like that. He's not hurt, and we didn't do anything to make him that way.
2. There's another cat who looks just like him and is normal.

Harvey was like Scratch, though. He used to hide when people came over. Before he came to live with us, he was DH's ex's cat. I took care of her cats once while she was in China for a month. I never saw Harvey the whole time. For the longest time after we got him my parents thought I was bluffing about having another cat.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i had housecleaners here last week. i told them i had 5 cats. at one point, one of them asked me if the 'other' cats were outside. the whole 4 hours they were here, only Java & Chip made an appearance. Pixel stayed in the back room [sitting out in the open, but there the whole time]. i don't know where Firefox & Cable were

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
When I only had Petunia, no one believed I had a cat except for the litter box.

Poor Scratch. Sending him lots of purrs from the girls.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Most people never knew of Kandies existance as she hid ...Zoey on the other hand is a little red dog.. she greets all but do not try to touch or pet unless you have passed her version of a backgrd check....

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe you should just tell people you have 2 cats just to freak out visitors when Scratch starts making noises. Then tell them you don't hear the noises

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Maybe you should just tell people you have 2 cats just to freak out visitors when Scratch starts making noises. Then tell them you don't hear the noises
ok, that's just mean!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Oh oh oh... I could drag him out from under the chair and ask DH, "Hey honey I found another one! Can we keep him?"