This is what Roke did.

prairieduck

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I noticed that Roke's collar was bothering her so I decided to remove it before she strangles herself on it,but when I tried to remove it,she wouldn't hold still and she bit me on my right hand . . hard. and it hurt.

Later the same night she started chewing on my tv stand/entertainment center. (it's made from wood) It now has teeth marks,and you can tell where she bit part of it off. I threw the tiny pieces in the trash.

That puts me at a loss.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Were you able to remove the collar? How old is she? You definitely want to keep her from chewing on things, wood could give her mouth splinters and digestive problems, plus what ever else she is chewing on. If she is just a kitten, maybe she is teething, if she is older possible oral problem, infection or cavity. You should take her to the vet and explain her behaviors.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

prairieduck

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes I was able to remove the collar,I'll look around for a more comfortable collar.

At 1 1/2 years,she is a young adult.

The wood-biting fiasco I believe was done because she was in a mood.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At this age she is finding herself in a sense, they settle in and aren't as easily entertained as when they were kittens. A restless mind and boredom often leads to testing boundaries and sometimes obsessive behavior. I would say your little girl is showing some obsessive behavior, it takes some time and energy to chew wood up! Not to mention it doesn't taste good, no dietary value, and is getting her no where but in trouble! In her eyes its a way to get attention, so she needs some new play methods, more playtime, definitely some cat places, objects like kitty condos/posts, window perches do so much for indoor cats!

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by PrairieCrow

Yes I was able to remove the collar,I'll look around for a more comfortable collar.

At 1 1/2 years,she is a young adult.

The wood-biting fiasco I believe was done because she was in a mood.
the her being in a mood bit, at any point during the day, did she not get her own way? if so, then maybe she was getting her own back

viridianqunayir

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I wonder if maybe she was attached to the collar. Does it have a bell? Or maybe she likes that it is hers?

I have a 2 1/2 year old kitty who throws a fit if we put the wrong collar on her (they only wear them during the daytime) and she actively searches hers out in the morning.

angelyco

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She may have bit you because the collar was already bothering her so much and she didn't want you to make it worse? My cats get finicky when I play with their collars, I think they're used to them now and when I move it around, it bothers them to feel it again.