advice

logan firestone

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Los angelas(Lived there for ever never onna be abl
well after i got ringo i found out there was an cat horder in the apartment next door i thaught Well mayby the ocasional kitty playmate wont hurt so i called her and toled her about ringo and i went over when i got in there were 12!!!!!!!!!! now the were nice it was a good enviroment and they played with ringo fine and were healty but heres the problem they arent spayed or nuetured now she takes care of these cats just fine but imm afraid they will breed they acctually have i can tell some are parent of the younger ones how can i convice her to get em spayed and nueterd

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe if you could research some low-cost spay and neuter clinics and give her the info. She either isn't having it done because she can't afford it, or maybe because she thinks it is like neutering a person - some people think like that.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, 12 cats can quickly turn into 30+ in 1 year! She may be able to keep things clean and under control now, but 3-6+ litters of kittens and it will be impossible! Are they even vaccinated? I would definitely keep your kitty away from hers, better safe then sorry.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Logan Firestone

they are vacinated and sweet she goes to the same vet as me she just doesnt blive in spaying an nuetering(and youre point was what i was thinking i am afraid that if there are to many she wont be able to take care of em all)
I understand her beliefs against spay/neuter but if one feels this way, then they have to think of the best interest of the cats. Only have females or males then, not both. It isn't the best interest of the kitties if they are contained in a home, breeding and multiplying, this isn't fair to any one. And the breeding instincts of cats is driven chemically and physically needs to be satisfied when they go into heat, it isn't controllable when males are present. How does she keep so many from spraying in her home?

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seriously? She agreed? Wonderful! You should go to work for the SPCA... just make a note of things - don't let her off the hook!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My heart dropped like a rock when I started reading this thread - but WAY TO GO!
WHAT fabulous news! I'm so glad you live in an area with a resource like that! Please let us know how it goes tomorrow!

Laurie

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is soooooo awesome! The world needs more people like you, you cared enough and took the time to help without disrupting, insulting, or aggravating all involved! As you know, she truly is doing best for the kitties she loves and herself! I don't know if we helped at all but your caring determination prevailed!

hurdyburdy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow.. I've never heard of a mobile spay and neuter before. I hope that everything goes well.

thezookeeper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on getting your neighbor to agree but more importantly congratulations on being her friend first. It was much more important to be a friend first so she could truly see that you cared about her then the cats. You are a great friend to her and the animals in your and her care. Keep up the great friendship. Congrats on Ringo too.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hurdyburdy

Wow.. I've never heard of a mobile spay and neuter before. I hope that everything goes well.
I am a sucker for Animal Precinct and thats where I learned about the mobile vet unit, we have it here in NYC. Thats great you have it there to!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is really a wonderful thing - and it would be a bit scary to have 12 cats spayed and neutered all at once! I think just being there for her will help a lot. Maybe make some coffee or tea if you can and spend some time with her later.

Laurie

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Logan Firestone

right i knew ive seen one before it was on that show! any way they just started all the kittys are in there and there owner looks like shes freaking out
Wow, so quick! Well if you can, tell her we are all so proud and happy she is doing the best thing for the kitties and herself!
Try and help her help the kitties feel comfortable after and reassure her that they will be back to normal selves soon. It is such a simple procedure and quick recovery. Just help her keep an eye on them so if some are more lethargic at first, she doesn't get freaked out or panic. Some show no change, some take a little recovery time.