Anyone know what this is? *Gross skin pic*

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I first got it when Maisie came and just thought as she was covered in fleas and I`d been laying on the floor with her leaning on that elbow, that they`d been having a nice meal there

Anyway, a week ago it came back, exactly the same place. Noticed it after spending time with Maisie. Started off looking like lots of little bites and then kinda joined up so it`s a big patch now. Itches like mad and is raised and red.

Kitty was up to date with flea teatment and not seen any evidence on Maisie but treated her Monday, just to be sure.

Anyone got any ideas?

( It`s quite hard trying to take a picture of your own elbow! Sorry for grossness but it`s driving me nuts
)

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could be a fungal infection?

I'd make an appointment with a dermatologist to have it looked at ASAP.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm, was hoping not to hear the 'p' word coz I`ve seen people on tv saying how hard it is to treat. Not got it anywhere else but the last few years I`ve been getting really dry patches on my arms before I get the monthlys, but that`s hardly visible.

Oh poo. I hate going to the doctors

Maybe the pharmacist would know.

Thanks Susan

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I get spots like that all the time. I'm in a sense allergic to cats....like when I come in contact with them I get red itchy spots. Mostly after they've been licking themselves. Sounds silly. I use anti-itch cream & lots of lotion.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Could be a fungal infection?

I'd make an appointment with a dermatologist to have it looked at ASAP.
If the pharmacist doesn`t know I think I will. It looks horrible

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

Hmm, was hoping not to hear the 'p' word coz I`ve seen people on tv saying how hard it is to treat.
My sister has psoriasis and really she should go back to see the dermatologist because she's never been for a few years, and the treatment now is a lot better because weve got someone at work that had it, but he's he's fine now.

Is it weeping at all?

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks like chigger bites or scabies to me. But behind the elbow is a common place to get eczema. It could also be contact dermatitis; I'd go to a doctor before it gets worse. Hope you figure it out!

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

My sister has psoriasis and really she should go back to see the dermatologist because she's never been for a few years, and the treatment now is a lot better because weve got someone at work that had it, but he's he's fine now.

Is it weeping at all?
Really? That`s good. It`s just I saw that Embarrassing illnesses on C4 and one woman had it everywhere and she had to go ( can`t remember what you call it ) under like a sun bed and it didn`t look that much better but she`d tried everything else.

No, it`s not weeping. Just itchy, hot and raised.

Originally Posted by SwampWitch

It looks like chigger bites or scabies to me. But behind the elbow is a common place to get eczema. It could also be contact dermatitis; I'd go to a doctor before it gets worse. Hope you figure it out!
What are chigger bites? I`ve had scabies before but that spread really quick and was different. Never want that again!

Looking on the net is just giving me a headache. I`ll pop in Boots tomorrow and see what they think.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I get spots like that all the time. I'm in a sense allergic to cats....like when I come in contact with them I get red itchy spots. Mostly after they've been licking themselves. Sounds silly. I use anti-itch cream & lots of lotion.
Yeah, that makes sense. Don`t some people get asthma from dried cat saliva in the air.

Maisie does dribble a lot.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Really? That`s good. It`s just I saw that Embarrassing illnesses on C4 and one woman had it everywhere and she had to go ( can`t remember what you call it ) under like a sun bed and it didn`t look that much better but she`d tried everything else.
I saw that program and i remember seeing her as well, but she had it really bad

Theres the lamp treatment that you've mentioned, but they also have baths with a special lotion in that removes the dead cells. A friend of mine works in the dermatology department of our local hospital and she said the treatment has come on leaps and bounds

I would say the pharmacist would know straight away if it was something like that, so get yourself in tomorrow

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe Shingles?

Shingles always show up in the same place on your body..and they are caused by Chicken pox virus. They look like that and its very itchy..normally a period of over exertion will cause them to come out.

I got it once when I climbed a mountain. Have you had any crazy over exertions lately? Have you had chicken pox before?

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

What are chigger bites? I`ve had scabies before but that spread really quick and was different. Never want that again!
Chiggers are nasty little bugs. They bore ahole into your skin, inject an enzyme, eat the dissolved tissue, and they itch like crazy. I used to get the bites all the time as a kid in Texas; I think they live in the grass though.

http://www.dailyyonder.com/chiggers-...h-black-decker

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ewww!

They look and sound nasty. Not sure if we get them over here but it looks different.

In the words of SouthPark, I`ve learnt something today! Thanks for the link!