Active cat or growing kitten?

errantrogue

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have been using the feeding guide that natures variety offers on their site. Now that Geran and Lucius are about six months old I was wondering if I should be feeding them less. They seem to be not eating as much at various times during the day. Somedays one won't eat much breakfast, sometimes it's lunch or dinner. Should I cut back and feed them according to the active cat guidelines? It's about half of what the growing kittens get. Does anyone have any tips?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How many times a day are you feeding or are you free feeding them>>??

most directions on the kitten foods say go from unlimited to measured servings a day ...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

errantrogue

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Three times a day, Geran is 8lbs and he gets 6.7 oz, Lucius is 6lbs and gets 5.2 oz. I'm feeding them the natures variety raw diet.

jaycee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

How many times a day are you feeding or are you free feeding them>>??

most directions on the kitten foods say go from unlimited to measured servings a day ...
Sharky, is it okay to free feed as long as they arent getting fat?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jaycee

Sharky, is it okay to free feed as long as they arent getting fat?
I have measure free feed for decades... ie I know what the bowl hold s ( 12 oz thus half a bowl is 6 oz or 1.5 cups of most premiums )

OKAY your feeding raw .... opps... try feeding twice a day

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
keep to amount they ll finish.. with raw the kitten likely should be a yr unless they gain wt ... FYI I have only had a cat get overwt at about 12 yrs old