Perks!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is the one biggest perk that your job offers you?

For me, it would have to be the paycheck! LOL If you can call it that. NO perks here!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
one perk is that I can be on TCS all day

I also have great benefits, including tuition asssistance, a lovely paycheck, and have made friends here

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Perks... I work for county government... the only "perk" we get is a silly ammount og holidays. 14 a year to be exact. My departmant also has a pretty understanding boss who lets me work my schedule around school but that's it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

one perk is that I can be on TCS all day

I also have great benefits, including tuition asssistance, a lovely paycheck, and have made friends here
Oh sure......rub it in!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have many actual perks like bonuses or extras but I do have a great boss who is very relaxed and understanding and I get to be on TCS at work!

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess it would be that I work in the house upstairs so not far to go to work.

( I`ve told them if it snows I won`t be in if I get snowed-in
)

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm...

I'm able to access the internet all day when I have time, my boss is amazing & I really like my co-workers. I don't have any perks like good benefits or anything becuase its a small company. But I do get nice bonuses, raises & lunches for free weekly

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The opportunity to work with doctors...

(One of our members' spouses said to me once at a cocktail party..."You must feel SO fortunate to be able to work with doctors and be around such intelligent people." ...she must have thought I was an idiot or something who was lucky to even be employed.
)

Actually we do get great benefits here...excellent health insurance, a pension plan and a 401K, annual bonuses, tuition reimbursement, wellness programs, etc.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can work from home a lot, my boss is great and very understanding if I need time off, I have a huge office with a view (after cublicle life that is a perk) oh and lobbyist receptions are held in our building every day so we can grab free food.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get a 10% discount on about 99.9% of stuff in the store. I work at Zellers (its a lot like Wal Mart for people who have never heard of it). There is also an associate buying club where I get discounts on a lot of stuff...gym memberships, trips, concerts, hotels, a really good cell phone plan, there is contests, coupons (in December, there was a coupon for $150 off a dyson vacuum) and lots more.

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think the biggest perk is that I work with/for my parents. It's a family run business so I don't have evaluations or job performance reviews. I do receive bonuses if it's a huge order, long hours, weekends but it's not a guarantee.

We are expected to give our best and I don't think I could do any less than that. They know I tend to stress when things get piled on too high or I'm trying to run the show room, run the embroidery machines, answer phones all at the same time. So they try to keep that to a minimum.

I'm asked all the time how I work with family and there are days I'm not sure I will make it to the next day without beating someone up.

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of the reasons I stay at my job is the benefits. The biggest is an excellent health care plan fully paid for me and my dependents. Fourteen holidays, two personal days, ten sick days and four weeks vacation. Paid maternity leave, bereavement leave. Long term and short term disability, life insurance. I really do have it good right now but they are starting to make noises about the expense and starting to decrease the benefits so we will see how long it lasts.

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a good benefits package, tuition assistance, yearly bonus and unlimited sick days. Great banking benefits - low interest rates on loans/mortgages/credit cards, free banking services etc.

Also, I really like my co-workers, boss and senior manager and have flexibility in my work hours. The only negative right now is that I'm really bored with my current duties. But with the great benefits and good working environment I may stick around for a bit.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess it was the stock options from the start up where I worked. That and the fact that the company took the entire staff and their families to Squaw Valley in Lake Tahoe for a weekend in the summer, all expenses paid.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

...... the company took the entire staff and their families to Squaw Valley in Lake Tahoe for a weekend in the summer, all expenses paid.
Whoa. Sweet.

One of the benefits at Theatre Development Fund, where I work part-time, is that sometimes producers will issue free tickets to our staff, for shows that are in previews, or sometimes opening night......Broadway, Off-Broadway.

Broadway shows will sometimes do this if they want the theatre filled, during previews, when the press comes.

It's the only way I've been able to see theatre these days, what with Bdwy tickets being so expensive, and it's a swell perk. A couple of weeks ago, I saw two of the best new offerings on Bdwy this season - August: Osage County, and The Seafarer. I would never have been able to see them otherwise.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess my biggest perk is I don't have any set schedule, I sort of come and go as I please. I can take a day off whenever I want to and of coarse the paycheck..

However, I do have to remain in contact all the time even if I am not there so that's the downside.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well I've only been there 3 days, but so far my perks are getting to wear scrubs or jeans, not having clients in the office 2 days a week, and closing early on Fridays. Oh and so far my boss is pretty cool! Oh and we get an hour lunch too.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess the perks are the paycheck is decent, the health insurance is incredible compared to what we previously had. The job is easy. Oh, and they do throw a big party in the middle of January where they spend around $150,000 for a full buffet and open bar so everyone will feel loved. (Hey, instead of spending that much, just give us a Christmas bonus!!! It would save the company money to just give every employee a $1000 Christmas bonus! What a waste of money.
) Oh, and sometimes the managers will get us pizza for lunch, or have meat and cheese platters for holidays.

I really miss my old job. My perks there were...my business trips were to Hawaii (was business, but I celebrated my birthday there!! whoo hoo!!) and the Las Vegas for a trade show. I got discounts on airflights. I got Christmas bonuses. I worked for a company where the owner was actually one of my best friends and gave me my first kitty. Plus, my salary was almost double what I am making now.

Why did I leave? Because I had to move back to the states.

Ok, I'm sorry...just had to vent. Now I'm depressed.....

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
At my last job I was very overworked and very underpaid. The only perk of working there is the ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan). When I worked there, it was a big joke about how we would never see the money and that the stock would plummet due to mismanagement. It is set up as a retirement plan so you can't touch it until you are older. After leaving the company, you are not allowed to touch it for three years. I was shocked this summer to get a letter that the money was now mine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

At my last job I was very overworked and very underpaid. The only perk of working there is the ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan). When I worked there, it was a big joke about how we would never see the money and that the stock would plummet due to mismanagement. It is set up as a retirement plan so you can't touch it until you are older. After leaving the company, you are not allowed to touch it for three years. I was shocked this summer to get a letter that the money was now mine.
Well Karen, at least it's yours now!