CAT SHOW pics part2, various breeds.(pic heavy!)

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
More pics from the shows.

Cypress (bengal) being judged at On Safari

London in our benching area at the show

Large class of bengal kittens being judged

A PixieBob

Judge explaining what he looks for in this exotic

More pics in Part 3 and 4

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor London - so exhausted after winning all those ribbons!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NICEEEEEE pictures
guess no Ocicats in that show????

What was the numbers in Bengals in championship and kittens?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

NICEEEEEE pictures
guess no Ocicats in that show????

What was the numbers in Bengals in championship and kittens?
You know I can honestly not recall seeing an Oci at a TICA show that I've attended in the last 3 years. I'm sure they are out there somewhere, but not in the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic regions.

The bengal count varies alot at the show we attend. I.E. the annual On-Safari show has a huge count. The bengal kitten class was close to 70 entries and the adult/champion class was pretty close to that.
The recent Florida show had nearly 20 adult bengals competing and about 15 kittens.
Lately we've been showing just in championship class and there are always at least 15 bengals competing. It's VERY tough to win.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow - those counts sound like the MC counts in ACFA shows around here. Oci's are in all the associations. But with few Oci breeders and scattered across the country, you won't find them very often.

Charlie's usually the ONLY Oci in the shows (CFA or ACFA) and when there is more then him, its in CFA with his breeder showing some of her kittens/adults. We've had a few comments from ACFA judges about liking to see the Ocicats back again
I really need another Oci to show so they have a choice

We met a couple that live about hour from us who have 2 Oci's from California - they may wind up showing at least one of them. Will be evaluating their cats for them in 2 weeks and seeing how they look. They think the female is better, so we will see. Maybe Charlie will have a little competition.

Otherwise, I have to create my own competition.