CAT SHOW pics part 1, various breeds (pic heavy!)

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
TICA cat shows pics from 3 different shows that we recently attended.

Maine Coon being judged

London (bengal) preparing to fire lasers at the judge

A Toyger

Another Toyger

Two Thai cats(traditional siamese)

Scottish Fold, Silver Bengal, Siamese

Persian

Our boy Cypress coolin' it at On Safari

More pictures coming in threads, Part 2, 3 and 4

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Huh, so that's what a Toyger looks like. He looks humungous, how big are they?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know what? I think that the Toyger looks like a pet quality bengal that wound up having all stripes instead of spots.

But the fur looks PLUSH - me wanna touch!!!

Thanks for the pics, Nial!

hurdyburdy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've never even heard of a toyger before. Great pictures. Thanks for posting them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Loved the one of London looking at the judge

Gorgeous pics, and i think it's brilliant how calm those cats are
Yes Susan, it's a select few that tolerate and enjoy the showhall. It's imperitive for them to be that way to win as well. The making of a show cat is an involved and time consuming process, but they have to have the personality for it from birth.

Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Huh, so that's what a Toyger looks like. He looks humungous, how big are they?
They really aren't much bigger than a Bengal. (females 8 to 12 pounds, males 10 to 15 pounds) Bengals have been used extensively in the creation of this breed.

Originally Posted by GingersMom

You know what? I think that the Toyger looks like a pet quality bengal that wound up having all stripes instead of spots.

But the fur looks PLUSH - me wanna touch!!!

Thanks for the pics, Nial!
Yes that's been said many times before by all of us bengal breeders. But to give the Toyger breeders credit, my pictures didn't do these cats justice. They really are doing a remarkable job with the pattern and the Toygers I took pics of weren't the very best I've seen. Their breeder is top notch though. I've seen some that are remarkable. I do think they will have a very tough time getting the head they want. The neat thing about the Toygers is they have all the sweet playfulness of the bengals, just with stripes instead of spots.

Originally Posted by Bella713

Awww London
Nial what did you think of the Toyger since you have seen one up close? Great pics
I think it's a breed that needs a lot more work from highly dedicated breeders, but I can now see their vision and I support them. Mostly because all the Toygers I have met in person have been well adjusted very happy cats. I have had the pleasure of seeing and interacting with several of the top ranking Toygers in the world and they are amazing. The head of course still alludes these breeders but all are working hard towards that goal. So long as the breed remains healthy and vibrant while goals are met, I am in their corner.
We have been approached to help with this breed and it's goals, but have declined to do so. We're still trying to perfect the bengal and while the light is at the end of the tunnel the work isn't done yet!
I would consider one as an altered show/pet though.
They are very sweet cats.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Briefly cause I don't really want to read a lot, but what else are they using besides the Bengals in the creation of the Toyger?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nice pictures. It's good to see the traditional Siamese being shown. I really don't want to see them disappear or only exist within the confines of backyard breeders.

telynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Are Toygers recognized as a breed so soon, or were they being shown under some speciality catagory? (I know nothing about cat shows, just surprised they were being recognized so soon.)

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most of them are pretty cats, but your Bengals are still my fave. I might be just a little prejudice because yours are always so beautiful, and I have wanted one since the first time I have seen one. The toygers seem to be getting better since I first saw one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Telynn

Are Toygers recognized as a breed so soon, or were they being shown under some speciality catagory? (I know nothing about cat shows, just surprised they were being recognized so soon.)
Toygers have had breed status since the beginning of the 2007/2008 show year and have been competing in the show rings. Several Toygers have already achieved SGC this year.