Cat enclosure

jkgyuro

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

I have 2 indoor/outdoor cats. But I am finally getting smart and realizing they shouldn't go out on their own (safety). Does anyone have experience with cat enclosures? Since they are outdoor cats, would they get used to being fenced in?

I saw a good one on www.pet-haven.com and it seems you can make them on your own.

Any suggestions or comments would be helpful! Thank you...

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you search the forums here for "enclosure" you'll find a couple of ideas. I cannot wait until I get a place where I can have one

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I personally wouldn't get a traditional enclosure, just seems silly and expensive to me when I can just take them out on a lead.
however, I've never used it but would purchase if need be, cat fencing.

that way, they'd have run of the yard.

http://www.catfencein.com/

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
In my case my cats are free to go outside anytime. They are desexed so they stay within the safety of the property, so I have no need to fence them in. Are your cats fixed?

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
same with mine. she stays in the yard or will sometimes visit the neighbors but since I know them all it's no big deal

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a cat enclosure that we built around our front porch and my crew use a cat door we installed in one of the windows.

Out of 11 cats all but two use it. Max and Simon are the very ones I built the enclosure for. They are my indoor/outdoor kitties. They hate the enclosure and the only time they have ever been inside the room is when I have taken them out there myself.

red scathach

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We have the wire and netting thing around the tops of our fence and it works extremely well, not only can our Miles not get out but finally we found a way for other cats not to get in. The first week or so it was hysterical when Miles tried to climb the fence, now he doesn't even try and just lounges out enjoying the brisk air. We were thinking about getting an enclosure for our kittens, but my husband decided that he is going to build an enclosed porch this summer... so we can have a people enclosure too
I don't want the kittens outside at all, unless they are enclosed. We have very large owls and hawks that might find little kitties a nice snack (this happened to one of our neighbors not too long ago).