Whats your favorite purebred cat?

lovemycatswsq

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know we all love mix breeds. But whats your personal favorite or favorites out of the purebreds. My list goes.

Persian
Abyssinian (plan to have a couple in the future)
Siamese
Burmilla
Ocicat
Egyptain Mau
Birman

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite is the Siamese I have 4 now. And my 2nd would have to be the Persians..I only have 1 Persian he is such a sweet gentle love bug!

mrswrd

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have been reading about the different breeds. I would love to have a ragdoll or a siberian. Can some one tell me what the difference is between a ragdoll and a ragamuffin.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really don't care for purebred cats but if I had to choose one, it would be a bengal.... I love their markings..

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oriental Shorthair - just the most amazing creatures, lively, naughty, intelligent, talkative, lots of attitude, but so so sweet and affectionate with it - and such a wide variety of colours and patterns to choose from.

I would also like to have a Cornish Rex someday.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can't you guess???

Abyssinians!

On my wish list for right now though...

Ocis
T Angoras ( I will breed them in the future I think, as my long hair breed)

I already have NFO, E Burm, Persian, Cornish Rex and a 1/2 dozen DSH!

red scathach

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I guess I have always preferred domestic shorthairs (I want a female orange tabby darnit... one day I will find you!), but the only cat breed that has interested me are any of the "Blue" cats. A friend of mine has a Chartreuse cat which is gorgeous (but they are kinda funny looking body shape wise). And Russian Blues are super pretty, I will be going to get my Russian Blue kitten in a week (YEA!). All the oriental breeds are strange looking to me, guess not my cup of tea, but Traditional looking Siamese cats are beautiful.

harveyrabbit

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Recently I've been thinking that Norwegian Forest Cats are incredibly beautiful and elegant animals.

Also Bengals, Angorans and Abyssinisians.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i don't think there is a type i don't like! having said that there is definitely something about bengals that grabs me. they are so elegant looking.

love abyssinians too, grew up with a part bred named tula. she was a fickle little madam if ever i met one! loved my mum and no one else. it was a case of stroke her at your own peril!!

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrswrd

I have been reading about the different breeds. I would love to have a ragdoll or a siberian. Can some one tell me what the difference is between a ragdoll and a ragamuffin.
Face and eye shape... and muffins can outcross...

I like them all! But I really like Coons, NFCs, and ragdolls.

krazykatlady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My favorite is the Himalayan since I own one. SweetPea is truly a sweet cat. Very gentle and loving. I also like a Maine Coon, Siamese and, for some strange reason, the sphynx. They are so ugly they are cute.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by harveyrabbit

Recently I've been thinking that Norwegian Forest Cats are incredibly beautiful and elegant animals.

Also Bengals, Angorans and Abyssinisians.
I like the Norwegian Forest Cats, too. My RIP Brownie was part Norwegian. You should have seen him climb and come down head first from a tree.

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never had any purebred cats, so I don't know much about personalities, but going by appearance and what I've heard, I'd like to either have a Mainecoon or Ragdoll.

My sister has a nearly matched pair of jet black Oriental Shorthairs that are really, really cool.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love my two DSHs, but from seeing them in pictures or at shows, I love the looks of:

Singapuras
Abys
Somalis
Russian Blues
Balinese
Japanese Bobtails
Traditional Siamese - sorry, the show Siamese are just a little too 'alien' looking for me!

killer kitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have always wanted a Ragdoll.
Whenever I have space in my menagerie, I always think, "Ok, now I'm contacting Ragdoll Rescue and getting that Ragdoll."
Inevitably, some poor sad sack unadoptable cat will be dumped as soon as this thought flashes through my brain, and there goes my Ragdoll. Some day, though. Some day.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Birmans made someone else's list!!

I don't think there's any question over my favorite breed.

sillylilykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love these guys:

Siamese (own one)
Tonkinese (most likely my next cat will be)
Cornish Rex (hope to have one one day)
Ocicat (hope to have one one day)
Maine Coon (if I ever could handle a long hair cat, I would get one)