What temperature is your thermostat set?

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Before I say what our thermostat is set, I have to tell you I am cold. Our daughter came home from college in upstate NY for Christmas break and she was cold and we live in CA. So, are we wusses or is my husband setting the thermostat too low? Cannot have a wood burning stove.

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We live in a basement level apartment, so in order to maintain a 'decent' warmth right now we have our temp set for 74-76; sometimes, if it is really cold out, we set it to like 80, then turn it back down once the chill is taken out. In the summer it will be lovely living down here but right now, it can be down right chilly!! Hahaha!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep ours at around 75 F. The heater barely needs to turn itself on because of how insulated our apartment building is!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is set at 72*!! When the DH gets home he turns it down, but for 2 weeks Im going to have warmth!!

BTW, with windshield its -40F!! COLD!!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We keep it at 67. It was running too much at 68. We need to switch thermostats so we can program it to drop while we sleep. It doesn't matter what it's set on for the basement. It's usually 56 down here but we have a space heater.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's like -45 degrees Celcius here which is like -49 Farenheit. I have my heat turned off, but my apartment is registering 75 degrees and I'm sweating buckets! I have my fan on. Everyone below turns their heat on and it rises up to my apartment and roasts me out, and there isn't a thing I can do about except open my windows, which I usually do, but the wind's direction is such that it is coming right through the window and then it's too cold!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well, here at home, where i pay the bills, it's at 72 in the winter [68 after i go to bed] & 78 during the summer.
at work, i keep it at around 76, year round. but i don't pay that bill!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, so if it is 65 F during the day and 57 at night I might be cold, so i should tell hubby to turn up the heat! Thanks, everyone.

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We usually keep it at 68, but for a couple of weeks we have had to keep it at 65 because the budget has been tight. I wish it could be like 75 or higher but we just cannot afford it! It has been way too cold here so the heat turns on way too much. We are hoping to get a pellet (not sure if I spelled that right!) stove soon. That should help! I hate being cold!! I want it warm in here!

At night we turn it down to 60 because our bedroom is upstairs and it is a lot warmer up there. It's harder to sleep at night if it is hot!

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ours stays at about 64-66f year around Im very cold natured and cant stand to be hot! Dh says its chilly at night but other then that he likes it

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually like 74 during winter but I kicked it up earlier and its like on 76 I think...it is hard to warm the kids bedrooms so thats why I kick it up

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeah, my kids bedroom is cold all the time! You have to aim a space heater at it to get any warmth in there!

I can't understand how some of you can turn your heat down that low at night!! SO COLD!! I would freeze my tail end off and my boys would literally be icicles when I got up!

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a wood stove and a furnace. We use the wood during the cold months .Wood is hard to regulate so my house is to warm.Its usually about 78 in the living room but cooler in the bedrooms. We often have to open windows to let in some cool air..When I use the furnace I usually have it on 74 or even abit more to warm it up good then turn it back down.. I like to be warm...The cats love the heat..They sleep in front of the wood stove most of the time..

stormchickx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
One thing I miss about being at my dad's is a woodstove. It would just heat up the whole house. Now I live in an apartment with my bf, and we have to keep it down around 74 F to save on the electric bill. This apartment is so cold, or maybe it's just me. I dunno lol.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, most of you keep it really really warm/hot. I keep the thermostat at 60 during the night. During the day, if I am home alone, I keep it at 60 if I am doing things around the house, but if I am just sitting around, I will put it at 62/63. Now, when my wife comes home, I have to move it up a little more or she will be cold, so I put it at 64
But at night it goes down to 60. I hate it to warm in the house, with artificial heat and the bobcats love it cool too, so I have to keep them happy