Does the mother know?

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have 3 purebreed Ragdolls........1 mother and 2 males........the babies are now 18 months old. Do you think at this age that the 2 babies actually know and remember their birth mother? They appear to respect her......... I am just wondering about how long kittens can remember their mothers?

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom has BooBoos mother still and if he see's her he still tries to nurse, so I think he remembers her! He's 7 right now!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that motherly hierarchy will always be there if they stay together and remember each other's scent. If not, a good whack on the head from momma would jog their memory!

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

I think that motherly hierarchy will always be there if they stay together and remember each other's scent. If not, a good whack on the head from momma would jog their memory!
Hahahaha...yep! That outta do it!!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by glitch

My mom has BooBoos mother still and if he see's her he still tries to nurse, so I think he remembers her! He's 7 right now!
Cute.
Does the mother cat get annoyed at all?

I have a semi feral male that's hmm... 2 1/2 now? His mother lives across the street at a neighbor's house and likes to come over for an extra meal once and a while. He still acts all kittenish towards her and she bops him on the head if he bothers her.

Ironically she's the one who brought him over here a little over a year ago, kicking her son out maybe?

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Cute.
Does the mother cat get annoyed at all?

I have a semi feral male that's hmm... 2 1/2 now? His mother lives across the street at a neighbor's house and likes to come over for an extra meal once and a while. He still acts all kittenish towards her and she bops him on the head if he bothers her.

Ironically she's the one who brought him over here a little over a year ago, kicking her son out maybe?
The mother remembers him but she still give him a whack or two! She wasn't the best mother in the world though...

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If they have been together since birth, they would remember who she is. But if separated for a few months or years and later return, then no - she would be a "stranger" to them (and vice versa)