Removing cat hair from clothes / atmosphere

bruce&sheila

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Following on from my posting about Bruce and Sheila moulting a lot, I wondered whether anyone had any tips for controlling the amount of cat hair that wafts around in the air (no doubt some being swallowed by me), and also seems to cling to the computer monitor, windows, surfaces... Obviously I try to dust and vaccuum it up, but it just seems to fly about so much.

Also, any tips for removing cat hair from clothes? I have a couple of sticky lint brushes (the sort with strips of sticky paper that you peel off when covered in hair, revealing the next sheet of paper), and I also use the Zoom Groom to collect hair off sturdier clothes such as fleece jumpers, and the sofa throw. But it stubbornly sticks, and I am getting a bit worried that the washing mashine won't cope with the hairy clothes being washed for very much longer!

This sounds like I'm a tidy freak - I'm not particularly, but I feel I am fighting a losing battle, and I'm fed up of getting somewhere to find I am still covered in cat hair!

Thanks

Bruce&Sheila

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

sticky sheets- I swear by them. Removes pet hair from wide areas also makes great pee barriers for sprayers- www.stickysheets.com
I've never heard of those. They look great! I usually use tape if I want to get every last bit of hair up. Those sheets look more convenient!

Thanks!

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got some StickySheets. They're great! Big 'ol sticky (but not *too* sitcky) sheets that you press down on a chair, sofa, spreadsheet, whatever, and up comes *all* the fur! One sheet can be used to clean multiple surfaces. They ship fast too! I placed my order on the 30th and they arrived on the 4th. Shipping was only from Colorado Springs to Houston but still it was fast!

Thanks again hissy!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

sticky sheets- I swear by them. Removes pet hair from wide areas also makes great pee barriers for sprayers- www.stickysheets.com
I definitely have to get some of them! I've never heard of them before.

You know, this is one of those things that I'm kicking myself for not thinking of first. I'm sure we've all used tape to get cat hair off of some things...why didn't one of us come up with this and patent it?? One of us could be a millionaire! Kind of like post-it notes....

angelyco

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for recommending Sticky Sheets!

I think I found my new best friend