This weather is CRAZY!

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Canadian Weather is normally a little wierd, But!!

This morning I was reading that a 3 year old froze to death
in Saskatchewan and her younger sisster is missing... It has been reaching -50 celcius, (-58 degrees Fahrenheit)

Where I am right now it is freezing Rain with a Flash freeze warning in effect which according to environment canada means that the tempreature could drop 5-10 degrees in the span of 1 hour. The 100-130 km/ph winds don't exactly help either

So to anyone Experianceing this NUTTY weather... Stay SAFE!

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tell me about it...yesturday, we had high winds, fog, rain and hail. The temperature went from 44 to 0 within a matter of a few hours.... I swear it was the most weather variety I've seen in a day...

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are having the same experience with our weather. The temperature was above average yesterday & today it is freezing!
The wind is around 50-60mph here. Warm & Safe Wishes Everyone!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

in Saskatchewan and her younger sisster is missing... It has been reaching -50 celcius, (-58 degrees Fahrenheit)

Where I am right now it is freezing Rain with a Flash freeze warning in effect which according to environment canada means that the tempreature could drop 5-10 degrees in the span of 1 hour. The 100-130 km/ph winds don't exactly help either

It is awful I just heard an update, the 3 year old and an infant were both found dead. an ambulance had been called for the father, when he was being assisted , he asked where his kids were, that is when they launched a search and found both children dead

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

We have the same warnings here. It is so windy and cold, I am not going anywhere today.
I almost was blown away this morning walking to my car

Wind and cold = no good!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, other than going from 50 degrees and a little drizzly (fahrenheit) to a white-out with -20 degree wind chills and 50 mph gusts in a matter of about 8 hours, weather's been totally normal here.

You know what they say about Chicago...if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! I am sooooooooooo READY for spring!!!

The wind has been blowing here for last few days, which of course makes it colder!!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is really bad here today. I didn't have to work today so spent most of it inside. However I did walk down to the corner store to pick up some bread and in the 3 minutes it took to walk down I almost got blown away and frozen. Keeping my fingers crossed we don't lose power
I have electric heat

That would not be good....

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it was 50 here this am, around 6am. then by 9 am it was 15 and 65 mph winds and blinding snowstorms!

Then by like 1pm i lost power till about 4pm. good thing it was sunny for a few hours in the afternoon!

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Yes! I am sooooooooooo READY for spring!!!

The wind has been blowing here for last few days, which of course makes it colder!!
Spring can't come soon enough for me. It's ridiculous how cold it has been here over the last couple days. I did a little experiment earlier. I took a cup of boiling water and threw it 5 feet in the air. It was almost completely frozen before it hit the ground. That's a temperature drop of 100* in about 1 second.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
crazy here .. so far we are 12inches AHEAD of the ENTIRE seasons snowfall with another 5 to 7 inches for tomarrow

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

WOW I need to stop complaining! I can't imagine -58 F! We have had snow and high wind all week. Before that we only had a day or two without it snowing.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

I did a little experiment earlier. I took a cup of boiling water and threw it 5 feet in the air. It was almost completely frozen before it hit the ground. That's a temperature drop of 100* in about 1 second.
I tested that theory when I lived back home in Wisconsin - it's crazy!
The water thrown in the air comes back down as snow!

We had beautiful weather here yesterday: it was in the 70's. Then the wind picked up drastically, and within an hour or so it was cold enough to turn the heat back on..

We're supposed to get bad storms tonight, and then more cold & bad winds after the storms blow through. But I'm not complaining.
Compared to what y'all are going through, it's almost paradise here!

Stay warm & safe everyone!

~KK~

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Its been -30C or colder in Edmonton since last Sunday. Looking forward to Saturday, where the high will reach a balmy -19!
Cant wait for spring!
Ive learned to wear pants on top of pants. So what if I look marshmallowy? Id rather feel my thighs...

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We went from 30 above to 15 below in 24 hours...and it has been 40 below with the windchills...so yeah...shall we say it's a bit "Crispy" here in MN???? Lol!! Just a normal MN winter in my book though...

stormchickx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Last night the temps dropped so fast, I couldn't open my car door on my driver's side. The inside literally froze! So I had to try on the passenger's side and I eventually got in. I think the temps went from around 60 down to around 20 in just a matter of minutes. I've never seen it do that, ever.