My silly kittens silly habits.

katzyn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My kitten does a few things that none of my other cats have ever done. =)

First of all, every morning, Stratus curls up in my arms as I'm trying to wake up for school, and licks my nose clean (with his whole, painfully scratchy tongue).

Then, after school, he waits by the door, and when I come in, he jumps off the couch and mock-scratches his nails on my legs, standing on his hind legs. This is by far one of the cutest things I've ever seen a cat do. <3

Also, when he wants to play with his wands, he'll lead me to the cupboards, where I keep them safe from him, meowing the whole time. Then we'll play like crazy, until he's blowing hard through his mouth, by which time, I think we should stop before he passes out.
He recovers fast, and wants to play again, right away. -_-

Also, when he was a tiny kitten, he'd piddle while we slept, if his legs were spread out under him. When I told my vet-teacher this last quarter, he said he'd never heard of a male kitten leaking in sleep (and Stratus WAS potty-trained, even then, because he potty trained three days after I got him, which was when he was two weeks old).

Anyone elses cats do things like this? =D

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Katzyn

Also, when he was a tiny kitten, he'd piddle while we slept, if his legs were spread out under him.
If he was as young as you say it's probably a remnant of his baby days when mom cat cleans her kittens as they sleep or nurse.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katzyn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yayi

If he was as young as you say it's probably a remnant of his baby days when mom cat cleans her kittens as they sleep or nurse.
=O

Makes sense. =) I wonder why my vet-teacher and I never thought of that...

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yep...I swear, Faith and Brazil are trying to make me into a bed slug...like them! They both come up and sleep with me each night; and in the morning, they will each take a spot; Faith usually on my chest, right up by my face, and Brazil on my belly; when I go to move them saying "alright, ladies, it's time for me to get up" I no sooner move one, and that one is moving right back to her spot, while I am trying to get the other one off!!! Lol!!! I feel loved though...I have never had kitties who were so religious about sleeping with me