I think my neighbor is trying to make up for the yard incident!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Some of you will remember a couple weeks ago my neighbor got her car stuck in my yard and made some ruts and muddy spots... Well this afternoon I heard a rumbling rolling noise outside and I peeked out; she was bringing her trash can in from the road. Next thing I know, I hear it again. So I peaked out again....she was bringing our trashcan up to our house for us too!

So I guess she's trying to help make up for the whole yard incident or something! When DH got home he asked if I had done it (trash duty is one of his responsibilities most of the time, or nearly all the time!) and I told him she had. She's still never said anything to us about the yard, but I appreciate the gesture.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That was nice of her to do
I didn't get to rest "the rest of the story" - how did she get the car out and is she gonna do anything about the ruts in the spring?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's something my neighbours do every week with mine, and if i'm home before them i'll take theirs back down.

Being neighbourly like that no matter how small it is means a lot. My driveway is quite long so i told my neighbour if he wanted he could park his small trailer at the bottom of it because he had no room, so because of that he's told me that he cleans his gutters and washes the conservatory roof once a year so he'll do mine as well

I would thank her next time you see her and that'll break the ice between you and show that you've let bygones be bygones

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Some of you will remember a couple weeks ago my neighbor got her car stuck in my yard and made some ruts and muddy spots... Well this afternoon I heard a rumbling rolling noise outside and I peeked out; she was bringing her trash can in from the road. Next thing I know, I hear it again. So I peaked out again....she was bringing our trashcan up to our house for us too!

So I guess she's trying to help make up for the whole yard incident or something! When DH got home he asked if I had done it (trash duty is one of his responsibilities most of the time, or nearly all the time!) and I told him she had. She's still never said anything to us about the yard, but I appreciate the gesture.
Did I miss something? I didn't see what happened?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

Did I miss something? I didn't see what happened?
I hope someone finds a link to the thread because it's one of those funny/not funny things that you laugh about but post about how frustrating it would be it if happened to you.

I'm glad she's trying to make up for it.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank goodness for neighbors!! A couple of weeks ago a part broke on our snowblower and our neighbor welded it back on. Neil snowblowed his driveway (which is much larger than ours).

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I hope someone finds a link to the thread because it's one of those funny/not funny things that you laugh about but post about how frustrating it would be it if happened to you.

I'm glad she's trying to make up for it.
I found it!

At least she's trying to help!

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats a sweet gesture your neighbor did for you
We do that with our neighbors too - if they need anything or we need anything. We can ask each other

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well I didn't notice it when I came home, but DH said they put up fences along the back sides of our houses so no one can do anything like that anymore! A good number of the neighbors down my side of the street would park at the back of their homes. Now they can't do that either I guess!

Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

That was nice of her to do
I didn't get to rest "the rest of the story" - how did she get the car out and is she gonna do anything about the ruts in the spring?
They filled in the ruts as best as they could. The park is supposed to take care of replanting my grass. Unless she does. I dunno.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do appreciate the step she's taken in mending the situation. I mean I was upset at first over it, but I didn't have a grudge against her. Like I said in my OP, she's been a good neighbor in all other ways. I know she's from a different country, I wonder if that's made her reluctant to speak to us face to face? Maybe she's not as comfortable in her English or something like that, which I could understand completely!