Bum bum bum...(female subject)

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have come to the recent conclusion that I'm either suffering from endometriosis, a burst cyst or pregnancy. I have 10 days till I could rule pregnancy out. This is going to be a looooong 10 days.

Either way...I am cramping like a monkey's butt.

Thought I should share that I was in pain :p

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys

Anyone with experience with the first 2 who could maybe shed some light to me? PM me if you rather not share on the board

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you been to see your doctor? That kind of pain is not normal. I know, I had horrible pain and periods and just had to have a hysterectomy b/c my uteris was FILLED with fibroids.

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had an ectopic pregnancy, but I had already comfirmed I was pregnant. It was very painful. I would suggest no matter what it is, if you are in a lot of pain you should probably see a doctor.
I hope everything is okay.

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please see a doctor if you haven't already. A good friend of mine (who is only 30) thought she had a cyst on her ovary or something equally painful and it turned out that she has/had Stage III Ovarian Cancer.

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No insurance and jobless so no money to see a doctor just yet guys

Ectopic pregnancy did come to mind because I was an ectopic pregnancy myself. Hopefully it's not.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you qualify for medicaid? is there a low cost clinic anywhere in the area? Can anyone lend you some money for an initial exam? What about making arrangements in advance re: payment? Seriously - a good friend of mine was also diagnosed with Stage 3 ovarian cancer. her prognosis is poor.

petstorejunkie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If i were you I would blow $8 on a pregnancy test, so you could at least rule that out.
Ginger tea is a natural smooth muscle relaxer, and should help with the pain. Long ago before I was on BC I had horrendous PMS, to the point of staying home it was so painful. Nothing OTC helped, except ginger tea. Within 30 minutes of having a hot cup of the stuff the pain was gone and i could be functional.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by okiron

Ectopic pregnancy did come to mind because I was an ectopic pregnancy myself. Hopefully it's not.
That is awful..how the heck are people supposed to stay healthy over there!?!? Geesh.

I hope its nothing serious

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pregnancy test was negative but I took it a couple days ago, meaning I still had 14 days till my period was remotely due so it doesn't necessary rule it out yet.

I don't qualify for medicaid anymore

I'm already in $10k worth of debt over random medical bills in the last 2 years (Kidney infection was $5k alone), finding anyone who would let me make payments when I already have payments due is a bit iffy lol.

If my period doesn't come I could go to Planned Parenthood for cheaper than a regular hospital. If my period does come, I'll suck it up and go to a regular hospital.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and that can cause a great deal of cramping as well. i take a prescription medication for the pain each month from the cramping when i need it (i get AWEFUL cramps- but the pills help as does a nice heating pad!
) if you're not pregnant -you might want to ask your doctor about putting you on certain birth control pills- some of them help regulate your cycle and really ease the cramping you experience each month!
I take Yaz and it has really helped me out!

Good luck sweetie, definitely see a doctor soon
I hope you feel better!! In the mean time- do you have a heating pad you can put on you? That always helps me!
Stay away from sodium and caffine if you're cramping!

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

i have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and that can cause a great deal of cramping as well. i take a prescription medication for the pain each month from the cramping when i need it (i get AWEFUL cramps- but the pills help as does a nice heating pad!
) if you're not pregnant -you might want to ask your doctor about putting you on certain birth control pills- some of them help regulate your cycle and really ease the cramping you experience each month!
I take Yaz and it has really helped me out!

Good luck sweetie, definitely see a doctor soon
I hope you feel better!! In the mean time- do you have a heating pad you can put on you? That always helps me!
Stay away from sodium and caffine if you're cramping!
Lol I have ended up in the emergency room because the bc made my cramps worse! (I'm prone to get really bad cramps during but this is my first time ever getting cramps in the middle of my cycle along with other things) The Depo almost killed me with blood clots lmao. Yaz is supposed to be low dose isn't it? I'm still scared of what it'll do though >.<

No heating pad but I've zoomed up the water bill with long hot showers hehe. I'm staying completely away from the caffeine, sodium I'm trying.

sillylilykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have moderate cramps during my periods (And one time severe cramps, I almost fainted during a class and went home to rest, skipping another class which I never like to do). My sister is learning to be a holistic nutritionist and told me to drink juiced carrots and apples. If I drink juiced carrots and apples (I do 5 carrots and 2 apples) once a day everyday during that time of the month I get at the most very mild (hardly noticeable) cramps, no back pain either.

Maybe that might help you right now.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Lol I have ended up in the emergency room because the bc made my cramps worse! (I'm prone to get really bad cramps during but this is my first time ever getting cramps in the middle of my cycle along with other things) The Depo almost killed me with blood clots lmao. Yaz is supposed to be low dose isn't it? I'm still scared of what it'll do though >.<

No heating pad but I've zoomed up the water bill with long hot showers hehe. I'm staying completely away from the caffeine, sodium I'm trying.
This website has a little more info on Yaz!
It's a little different than most other bcp. Only your doctor will know it it's right for you or not though!
Hopefully it might be something that can help you and ease the crampinhttp://www.yaz-us.com/home.jspg! It's helped a lot with my cramping issues- but still not quite enough so i do take pills my obgyn prescribed for me once a month for the severe pain/cramping- it REALLY helps!
I'm actually able to go to work and function without being doubled over in pain so that's amazing for me- the Yaz and my other prescription have been a real life saver for me and have allowed me to function well!
Hopefully you'll find something soon that will help you feel better

If you can't afford your regular doctor- is there a reputable free/low cost clinic near you that you might be able to go to?
I agree with you- the hot showers/ baths really help don't they!
Chamomile (sp?) tea is supposed to be good for cramping as well!

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My friend that was diagnosed with ovarian cancer didn't have health insurance either.

Try to find a low-cost family general practice clinic and let them know that you are paying out of pocket. Usually they offer a discount for people not going through insurance AND you can try to set up payment plans.