Stupid insurance company(long)

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last year in December DH and I got a letter from our car insurance company saying that our policy would expire on Jan. 19 2008. If we wanted to renew it there would be 132 dollar down payment to start a new one for the year. Earlier this month we got something from them that said our policy was renewed on Jan. 13.
So today I got a phone call from them saying a payment was due we should have received a bill. Well, we hadn't. I called them and come to find out our policy expired on Jan. 19. I don't understand why we received a letter saying it was reinstated and then they called to remind us payment was due. If we don't have a policy, how can payment be due. DUH!!!! Needless to say DH and I have been driving around without insurance. We won't have the money to get a new policy until Monday either. I am POed.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

Last year in December DH and I got a letter from our car insurance company saying that our policy would expire on Jan. 19 2008. If we wanted to renew it there would be 132 dollar down payment to start a new one for the year. Earlier this month we got something from them that said our policy was renewed on Jan. 13.
So today I got a phone call from them saying a payment was due we should have received a bill. Well, we hadn't. I called them and come to find out our policy expired on Jan. 19. I don't understand why we received a letter saying it was reinstated and then they called to remind us payment was due. If we don't have a policy, how can payment be due. DUH!!!! Needless to say DH and I have been driving around without insurance. We won't have the money to get a new policy until Monday either. I am POed.
Call and complain. Also, they should be able to take your payment now and renew you with a lapse.