Oh my! The weather has turned upside down

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I left for work this morning, it was 57 degrees here. Right now about 12:45, it's down to 15 with wind gusts exceeding 50 mph. That brings our wind chill well below zero. The snow is blowing sideways and when I was driving home, it was so strong that there were white outs.

So in the last 6 hours, our temperature has dropped over 60 degrees here. Only about an inch of snow so far and hope that stops soon. I'm so glad I'm home - the roads are getting slippery.

How's things by you?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eep, that sounds mighty scary where you are. We luckily have above average temperatures today with some rain. No big deal

Stay safe!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lets see...

Yesterday it was beautiful! A high of 46* and sunny.

Today - it rained last night & froze, so now we have freezing rain. Its been snowing heavy since 10AM, with 1" per hour until midnight tonight. High of about 5*, with a windchill of -40. High tonight of -13. High winds from 25MPH-40MPH.

Great day!

Everything has been closed since early this morning so hopefully the snow plows have been out all day so its an easy drive home for me. Thank goodness its in town driving for me only for 6 miles!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
all that stuff is headed to Ohio
it was lovely this morning, felt like spring! then it started raining and the temp will shortly be dropping like a rock

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

it was lovely this morning, felt like spring! then it started raining and the temp will shortly be dropping like a rock
No kidding... I'm getting nervous.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have had bad Weather. It hs Rained every day except yesterday. We had high winds,floods,Tstorms. They say it will rain on and off until Sat. Its 42 here right now Mostly cloudy with showers likely north...a chance of rain showers south. Highs 43 to 51. South winds around 10 mph The low was 33 last night. Last week it even hit 61 with a Storm. My friend in SD said it went from 54 to 9 in 3 hours. She just told me it is 2 there right now and her low was -6.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Dropping like a rock is right on. When I walked into the office at 6:30, it was 57 degrees. When I walked out at 8:30 it had dropped to 27. It's been dropping since then.

I left home with a spring jacket and on a whim grabbed my down coat and threw it in the car. I had to stop for gas while driving between offices (my company occupies a lot of buildings and I travel between them often) and quickly changed coats to do so.

The snow seems to be letting up. It looks like we'll be under 2 inches this time around.

Stay safe and don't go out if you don't have to!!

Oh yeah - and we hit 65 degrees yesterday. It was spring here for a short time.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

When I left for work this morning, it was 57 degrees here. Right now about 12:45, it's down to 15 with wind gusts exceeding 50 mph. That brings our wind chill well below zero. The snow is blowing sideways and when I was driving home, it was so strong that there were white outs.

So in the last 6 hours, our temperature has dropped over 60 degrees here. Only about an inch of snow so far and hope that stops soon. I'm so glad I'm home - the roads are getting slippery.

How's things by you?
Well considering we live in Kansas~does this surprise ya??
Actually it is about the same here.....was like 50* some this morning and then by about 11 am it was coooooold
and the wind is blowing baaaad!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Well considering we live in Kansas~does this surprise ya??
Welcome to Kansas. If you don't like the weather, just wait about an hour and it will change. Hopefully you will like the change.

Just checked the weather channel. While we were near blizzard here (far eastern Kansas), there are tornado warnings in east Missouri.

So why do we live in the midwest?

stormchickx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's cloudy and dreary here. Temperature is 55 F and severe thunderstorms are in the forecast. Tornado watches are already in effect to the west of us so I'm getting ready for a *hopefully* good light show tonight
But after tonight the temps will drop down in the 20s.

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in St. Louis and the winds are SCARY!!!!!!! Wickedly strong!!!!!!

Yup, this morning was warm and sunny & 65. Now it is 35 with the strongest winds I've probably ever seen! There is a severe T-storm warning as well as a tornado warning for our area. I still cannot believe how BEAUTIFUL!!!! it was outside this morning- this cannot still be the same day?!?!?

We lucked out on the snow part though. Hope all is well in Kansas! White-outs are no fun! No fun at all!!!!!!

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's terrible here. It was 30+* this morning. It's now 8* and still dropping. We have wind chill warnings out and a blizzard watch/warning.

I'm really hoping it doesn't get as bad as they say. My DH is driving home from Iowa in this stuff.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

How's things by you?
That weather is just begining to hit the Milwaukee area as we speak. They even cancled class tonight.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It started warming up overnight here, and was just beautiful this morning & early afternoon!
I think the temps must have been in the 70's.
Then the wind picked up drastically, and the temps did a serious nosedive. I don't know what the actual temp is now, but it's cold enough to have the heat on again..

Of course it's no where as bad as what y'all have up north.
Y'all have my sympathies.
I haven't forgotten how horrible it is to live in the north..

Stay warm & safe, y'all!

~KK~

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's crazy here too. Our east coast is being bombarded with ice storms, our west coast with snow storms and those of us in the central provinces are in the deep freezer! It's -43 ceclius with the windchill, but they forecast a high on Friday of -6 celcius!