Your old calling cards

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What do you do with them?
Since I resigned from the organization last year I do not know what to do with the calling cards (they have the org's logo, and my name and contact info). Should I burn them or use the back (blank) as gift cards?

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mine gather dust in the drawer. I suppose it might be fun to look at them in a 20 years time and remember where I used to work.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ryn

Mine gather dust in the drawer. I suppose it might be fun to look at them in a 20 years time and remember where I used to work.

some companies ask for them back when you leave so you can't pretend you still work there

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

some companies ask for them back when you leave so you can't pretend you still work there
I think that is a good move for security reasons.

In my case though, I paid for the cards. Maybe I'll return them and ask for a refund.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They never get them all back, I know I have some in each of my purses, some in my wallet, some in my biz card holder and everywhere else - I couldn't find them all if they wanted them back

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I kept a couple as a memento from my job.
Years ago when Neil & I moved from one part of the state to another we had a (drunken) party at our house and late in the evening he stood on the deck and flung them all off it.
Boy wasn't that fun picking them up the next day!!