What is something that you are OCD about?

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For me my bed has to be made before I get into it...I cannot stand to get into an unmade bed. I am also OCD about my computer desk and where things should be placed if one thing gets moved it takes me hours to find it(I have an office style computer desk with 6 HUGE drawerd and everything is in its place. No one is allowed to touch my desk but me

What about you?

catcaregiver

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm, the only thing I can think of is that I have to say to my cats "you be good kids while momma goes to work, momma loves you, bye bye" before I leave for work. I am unable to get into my vehicle without saying that first. I've tried and I've had to get out of my truck, go unlock the front door and say it.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Hmm... How about repeat OCD threads?

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=152449
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=152320
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=145944
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=127783
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=110665

Not that I'm trying to be mean, I'm just sitting here thinking "Wasn't there one a week ago?
" and then apparently I had to check to make sure.
Though I've noticed several repeated threads I have never thought to be so rude to someone as to point it out they obviously missed it by error of their own...and its fine with me I usually just re-answer the question and go on with my life.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hanging out the washing, I like to have groups all together socks, pants etc. When I have time I like to match the peg colour to the clothing. At a family bbq we disovered most of us where like that

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

I'm also a rearranging freak sometimes too.
I am a rearranging freak too...also my clothes have to be a certain way in my closet
I have a few other things too..but I won't go into detail since there are strangers here

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really bad about things being put in their proper place. At home is fine because I am the only one there, however it drives me completely nuts when people do not put things back were they got them at work....

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My biggest is that the bed has to be clean. I wash the sheets, blankets, and pillow cases every other day. It may seem a bit excessive but with 13 cats and 4 dogs sharing the bed at random times, and John who does not always shower after being under a greasy car... the bedding really doesn't stay clean for very long.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well for a long time after driving about 1/4 mile from home I couldn't remember if I shut the garage door so I would turn around and check. It was ALWAYS closed!!
So I changed my routine to backing out of garage, hitting the garage door opener/closer to have the door go down and then I put on my seatbelt while the door is closing. By the time I have to belt on and adjusted I look up and the door is down and I can drive off. Strange I know!!

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to arrange things so they are symmetrical

When I had a cleaning job on saturdays, the guy who I worked for would get home and try and help but I had to go round after him straightening things and lining them up
He got the hint after the first few times!

hurdyburdy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a few but one that I don't even understand is arranging items neatly on the check out belt at the food store (which then get rung up and put into bags anyway)

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
people (ahhhheeeem mother in law from hell
) comming into my house and rearranging my kitchen cabinents
i HATE when people come into the house and nosy around and rearrange my stuff

i'm also totally OCD at work about getting to do the vaccinations and draw blood on the animals (weird i know, but it's kind of fun!)
I line all of my vaccines up before i draw out the needles and put the stickers on the sheets a certain way- i make sure they look nice- i'm a little ocd about it
my coworkers know not to mess up my system

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

Hanging out the washing, I like to have groups all together socks, pants etc. When I have time I like to match the peg colour to the clothing. At a family bbq we disovered most of us where like that
Thank god I am not the only one!
My dad is really obsessive about this as well, that he won't let anyone else hang the washing!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Brandi

Though I've noticed several repeated threads I have never thought to be so rude to someone as to point it out they obviously missed it by error of their own...and its fine with me I usually just re-answer the question and go on with my life.
Unfortunately that would sort of be my OCD problem.... Details. Details for everything and I must point them out.
I know it drives everyone crazy. I'm also a bit of a perfectionist.

saraharizona

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sterling, Virginia (Far Western D.C. suburbs)
Both my husband and I have severe OCD about making sure everything's turned off before we leave for work - iron, coffepot, stove, oven, hair curlers, etc. We've turned around more than once to check. It's because we are so afraid of fire trapping our little furry friends - that would be unbearable.

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SarahArizona

Both my husband and I have severe OCD about making sure everything's turned off before we leave for work - iron, coffepot, stove, oven, hair curlers, etc. We've turned around more than once to check. It's because we are so afraid of fire trapping our little furry friends - that would be unbearable.
Ditto

Once I finally leave the house, I have to make sure that the door is secure. And by secure I mean pulling and yanking on the door like a fool
as if the latch is mysteriously going to quit working or something

I am also OCD about making sure the cars are locked before I go to bed. I lock them when I get out of them, but before I can go to sleep I have to point the little remote thingy out the window and *chirp* all the cars
now that is true OCD for ya