Damita Tries to Walk

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here are some pics & videos of Damita. She's learning to master walking with "Dead Foot".
The up side is I am positive there is improvement! This morning, her foot was always curled under, she couldn't even set it flat. Now she can. I'm daring to get my hopes up.
Nothing can get this girl down....nothing.

This is the shorter video

http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/twtich1/?action=view&current=Damita010.flv

This is the longer one that shows the way she moves better

http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/twtich1/?action=view&current=Damita012.flv

Don't mind my voice, seeing her move that way made me start to cry.
It's been a long week or two, I've been crying over everything & anything.

Here is a pic of her bounding along. You can see she keeps her paw higher. She also uses her tail as a "rudder".

This is what I'm talking about when I say she sets her paw flat. This AM, she couldn't even do that....it would've curled up under her. Heck, this AM she wouldn't even sit up like this!

Just looking at her foot, you'd think it's swollen. I compared her two front paws, as did the vet & 2 different vet techs. It looks swollen, but when compared both paws are the same size.

ETA: Here is the link to Damita's thread in H&N in case you are wondering what's going on:

http://thecatsite.com/forums/showthr...=155994&page=3

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i am sorry, i just saw your thread,
she is a tough kitty, i am sure she will bounce back with no problems.
As someone with pinched and trapped nerves , its a pain in her legs getting used to the new and starnge and sometimes no feelings in the legs. or in this case paw.

keeping my fingers crossed for her

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
just found this thread...

I'm confident that she is on the up and up... you're right, she's a fighter
hang in there
lots of vibes

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She's a tough cookie. I'm glad to see she's making some improvements!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

i am sorry, i just saw your thread,
she is a tough kitty, i am sure she will bounce back with no problems.
As someone with pinched and trapped nerves , its a pain in her legs getting used to the new and starnge and sometimes no feelings in the legs. or in this case paw.

keeping my fingers crossed for her
I wondered about "phantom pains".

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Damita is the ultimate "torbie-tude" cat. You are right - nothing is going to keep that girl down!!

I've very glad that you've seen some improvement with her leg since yesterday. Sending mega strong that she continues to improve.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, at least in the second video, she looks like she puts a little weight on her bad leg. Lots of 'get better Damita' vibes coming her way.