WOW I thought it was just me

spookn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I knew other people loved their pets, cats dogs... And I came to the conclusion that some people get it and others just don't. And, never will. But after reading some of the posts I don't feel so alone. I lost Spook a couple days before Xmas. She was with me 18yrs. And I still miss her like crazy!
I live alone and have no family around, so she was it around the house. And she knew it most times.
I still expect her to be at the door when I get home from work, and do things like move some papers on the desk so she can have a spot next to me while I'm on the PC.
Its very strange, I can't explain how much I expect to see her moving about.
I've been thinking about getting another or two. But am not sure if I'm ready just yet.
Well, thanks for having this site, I really appreciate it.
Brian

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just loss 2 Yoshi jan 11 at age 5 and Stormy Dec 5 at age 5 too. I still can not believe they are gone either. You will never forget your Cat. I still miss my First cat that died in 1979. When Patches died at the er Vet from Kidney Failure I tried to go home from work and my Mgr said it was just a Cat. I was Crying there and it was Thanksgiving 1998. i hate to say this I love my cats more then people.

pkyswt2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am sorry for your loss!! I lost my beloved Pookey Dec 19th! It was the worst day of my life. She had been with me 11 1/2 years.
I wasn't sure about getting another one. The thought of a cat other than her or my Sweetie Pea in my house was unbearable to me. I started looking at shelters just to get myself around other cats. This past saturday I met and fell in love with a 6 month old little guy!! He is hanging in a room upstairs until I feel he is ready to mingle with Sweetie!! I already find myself falling in love with him. I think about Pookey ALL the time but he really is helping my heart to heal!!!
Only you will know what is best as far as getting another one!!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im sorry!! Its never easy...
I think there is more people on here that have a member over the bridge than anyone would ever believe!

Your baby would not want you to be all alone though... A new cat cannot replace the one you lost, EVER, but it can help you remember the good times you had with your beloved! I got a new one just 6 days after losing my other one to FIP, but never have I got over him, he was the love of my life! Eek however is a good kitty that likes to remind me of what I loved about Glitch! Alot of the bad memories are starting to fade, and the good is shining through! I lost Glitch Nov 16th at 2:35pm. He will never be forgotten by anyone in my family, he was much loved! I hope things get better, they leave a hole in your heart in the shape of them when they go!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Brian, I just read your other post from when you joined. I'm so sorry you lost your best friend and at such a trying time. I hope your health is improving. Spook is healthy and happily playing over the Bridge along with some other wonderful cats.

Take care.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i came to this site after losing my beloved janet last oct. it has given me so much comfort to be among people that, like you say, 'get it'.

also there are so many lovely stories on the other parts of the forum that bring a smile to my face. it's just a lovely place to be.

i'm so sorry about the loss of your dear spook. may she rest in peace across the bridge with all the other babies.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Brian, that was so soon after you first posted.
I'm sorry your sweetie is gone. We do understand how you feel, many of us having kitties at the Bridge ourselves, and we know that "it takes as long as it takes", as a dear and wise friend of mine once put it.

Be gentle with yourself, and when it's time to welcome a new furperson or two into your life, you'll know. No, this kitty will never replace Spook, none could, but Spook will be pleased that another furperson is receiving the love and care that she knew, and she will always be with you.

RIP Sweet Spook

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The great thing about this site is that you don't have to tell us how much you expect to see her. We know and understand how hard it is to lose a beloved cat. You will know when the time is right to get another kitty.

I'm sorry for your loss, and know that your baby is at peace.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Condolences on losing your dear companion Spook. That spot next to the PC probably seems as big as the Grand Canyon now; the empty place in your heart even bigger - yup, I know EXACTLY how that feels. Guess that only a cat can fill a cat-sized hole in your heart - although when I lost my Miss Tobie, it took both a little Manx AND a precocious MC, to stop my tears from overflowing on a daily basis
You are in my thoughts and prayers tonight. Susan

katie=^..^=

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Brian,

I am so sorry you lost your dear Spook. It's true there are many of us who have lost our dear cats and miss them still. It gets easier as time goes by. You will remember more of the good times, and the sense of loss will be muted some.

Katie

sadie'smom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am sorry about your recent loss. I also lost my kitty about 3 weeks ago, so I can totally relate to your exp with loss and the emptiness around your house
. It will eventually feel better.....

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This website is one place where you will never feel alone

May your sweet Spook rest in peace

aileen06

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my Rebby a year ago and I still miss him every single day! Rest in Peace Spook.

iluvdevons

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about your loss.
Spook sounded like a wonderful companion. Be good to yourself and take things day by day. RIP Spook

ronit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss... it is difficult, we all know it. I lost Gris earlier this year and my only comfort was this site and reading the posts and knowing that someone else also feels like I do. This site has been my greatest help.

RIP Spook.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. Most of us here fully understand your pain. This site helped me more than anything when I lost my precious soulmate, Max in 2005. He died of sudden kidney failure. He got sick on Thursday and was gone on Monday. My heart still breaks when I let myself think of him. One thing that I did was write a story about him and his life with us. He was about 18 months old when we got him and he was 12 when he died. I gave a copy of the story to his previous owners and to the vet who treated him during his lifetime. I didn't want to forget any of the things he did that made life so much fun living with him. Now, sometimes I get by myself and read the story. Do I cry? Yes, I do, everytime, but it still helps me. Also, he has visited me 4 times in my dreams since he died. Everytime is so real it hurts to wake up and realize he really is not there. But each time I have seen him, the dreams are so real that I experience touching him and feeling his fur and his silky head. He was a black and white tuxedo cat. Max, I love you, I miss you, and I thank God for the wonderful times we had together. Your two brothers miss you too and now a prissy little female has been added to our family. But you still have a place in our hearts. Sorry this turned out to be so long, but take comfort in knowing your cat is as close as a dream to you.

smsinga

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry for your loss of Spook, I too lost my Moo Moo in May of 2007 & still cry about it, still remember everything leading up to her passing. I know that God had a plan for her at the rainbow bridge and she is all happy & playing. Just takes time.

San.

sinbadsmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by spookn

I knew other people loved their pets, cats dogs... And I came to the conclusion that some people get it and others just don't. And, never will. But after reading some of the posts I don't feel so alone. I lost Spook a couple days before Xmas. She was with me 18yrs. And I still miss her like crazy!
I live alone and have no family around, so she was it around the house. And she knew it most times.
I still expect her to be at the door when I get home from work, and do things like move some papers on the desk so she can have a spot next to me while I'm on the PC.
Its very strange, I can't explain how much I expect to see her moving about.
I've been thinking about getting another or two. But am not sure if I'm ready just yet.
Well, thanks for having this site, I really appreciate it.
Brian
Brian, I'm so sorry you lost Spook, but you've come to a great site. Everyone here gets it, and no one here will ever tell you, "Get over it, she was just a cat," which too many of us have heard from people offline (sometimes people who are well-meaning but completely clueless). You were blessed to have Spook with you for 18 years (and she must feel that time together was a blessing, too), and she wove herself into the fabric of your life so much during that time that it will take time to heal. Time, and support like you'll find here.

I lost my Sinbad, who was with me nearly 17 years, not quite 5 years ago. It will be five years on the 13th. And I still miss her so much. And I still feel wistful when I look at her favorite spots, like the window beside my desk, and she isn't there. I missed her so much even though I had two younger cats (one of who I lost three years ago, to cancer). Cats are precious individuals, impossible to replace. But there are so many sweet kitties who do need a loving home, which you can provide, and I believe that when the time is right, Spook will help guide you to the cat (maybe more than one) who's right for you. You might even have one show up in your life, with little warning, one needing rescued who will also rescue you emotionally. I've heard of that happening so often. But don't rush into getting a new kitty if you don't feel it's the right time yet.

And don't be surprised if you sense Spook around, or think you catch glimpses of her, or hear her, or feel her jump on your bed, or have dream visits that are much more real than other dreams. I believe with all my heart that our furkids are still very much alive on the other side, and someday we'll be reunited with them...and in the meantime they can see us, and watch over us, and sometimes make us aware they're around. Spook is still there for you, always will be.

And the people here at TCS are also here for you. And just reading the messages here will help, even if you have days you don't feel like posting. When you're grieving, it helps so much to know that others have had the same feelings, and that they've begun to heal no matter how painful the loss was. And you'll see that here. The photos of adorable kitties help, too.

Hugs,

Cindy