Household Chores

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So, I just got done cleaning the bathroom. Ew.

What's your least favorite household chore? Is there one (or more) that you like... or at least don't mind?

I hate doing floors. I never feel like I can get them clean enough; I always start in a bad place, and a second later they're dirty again!

But I don't mind laundry. In fact, I daresay I like laundry
There's something so warm and cozy about clothes fresh from the dryer, and a certain satisfaction in a full closet!

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I hate cleaning the oven and hob! So much so that I try not to use the oven so it doesn`t get dirty

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can't stand washing the floors either!!! Also hate cleaning the tub, it is 55 years old and the stains are set in, so no matter how much I scrub it still looks dirty.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate cleaning the bathroom!

I love doing laundry too
Just knowing that all my clothes are clean makes me a happy girl - more options of what to wear!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love laundry and cleaning the bathroom..nothing like a clean bathroom and a full clean closet!

I hate the floors, dusting and dishes

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kaete

What's your least favorite household chore?
Making the bed. That sounds like a simple task but it makes me angry that I have to make the bed. Here is why: The cats use the bed more than I do! Why is it that they can't make the bed?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Making the bed. That sounds like a simple task but it makes me angry that I have to make the bed. Here is why: The cats use the bed more than I do! Why is it that they can't make the bed?
Making the bed? What is that

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like housework at all. And my house looks it
But I just get mad that I'm not the only one who lives here, but I'm the only one who does any cleaning.

I guess if there's any chore I don't mind, it's vacuuming.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Laundry!!! I HATE putting away laundry!
I don't mind washing it and putting it in the dryer- but i hate putting it away!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Funny you mentioned that. When DH and I were dating (by internet) we asked that question to each other. I don't mind dusting/vacuuming but hate doing the bathroom even tho it takes about 10-15 mins at the most.

He doesn't like bathrooms either. So when we were in the same house with the kids they got the job of bathroom

Now that its just DH and I (everyone moved out) and the animals, we have to do it. But its a smaller bathroom then we had in the other house, so guess its not so bad.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cleaning/scooping the cat litter & Dishes are at a tie for the least favorite.

Second least is the garbage. I thought that's what men are for, but B keeps "forgetting" when garbage day is...so it's either a pile of garbage in the house until he remembers
or I just do it.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Yeah, that's it. You're just gonna sleep in it again.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I enjoy cleaning actually. Unfortunately right now it's very hard for me and I have someone from homecare coming every 2 weeks to do basic light housekeeping for me.

The one thing that I do not like to do is laundry. And the only reason I don't like doing it is because I have a small apartment size washer and dryer and when I do laundry, especially towels and sheets, it's literally an all day job for 4 loads of laundry (1 towels, 1 top sheet, bottom sheet, 1 mattress cover) because it takes about 3 hours to dry the towels and a little more than 3 hours to dry the sheets (1 at a time).

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Once I get started cleaning I am fine. Windows really kill my back. The floor is an OCD battle for me. Folding clothes in the winter stinks cause it's freezing in the laundry room and it's two flights down from the bedroom.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would saw the worst is a task we do once/year and that is carry the firewood down into the basement. We store in the basement over three full cords (maybe four). We have to load onto cart, drive back into garage, toss down a chute then restack. Then carry upstairs to stack by woodstove. Its messy, the family room get dusty from all of this.
We stack some outside by the door but even when its covered its still a bit damp.
But its warm and toasty and our heating bills are very small!!