Heaven?

georgiagirl8

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Someone told me today that cats have no souls and that they don't go to heaven. This really upset me. I argued that they do have a soul. I don't understand how someone could say this. Especially to me, a very proud cat mommy. I have to believe that when I die, every cat I've ever loved will be waiting there for me. Does anyone know if it's in the bible anywhere about animals going to heaven?

zao_cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Someone told me that once before. I couldn't believe it. What kind of God would create precious creatures like cats and dogs and not let them spend eternity in heaven?

I DO believe that they have a sould. I DO believe that there is something for them after this life. All I need to do is look into their eyes and I know that they have a soul. Don't let people tell you that they don't.

*hugs a cat

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That was just that persons personal opinion. You believe what you think is right. I believe that every animal has a spirit too. We all get to believe what we want, you do the same
Don't let anyone tell you different!

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I believe the Bible says that the wolf and the lamb will lay side by side, and the lion will eat straw like the ox...so yes...I believe animals go to heaven!
The Bible was written for man,. not animals. That's why I believe there is no other mention of animals souls and their place in heaven. That's why no one will ever convince me to believe differently.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, but at the moment, I am unable to find my research. Right off hand, I know that the New Testament says that "all creation groans, waiting for the return of the Children of God" and that in Heaven, the lamb will sit down and feed next to the lion; also, Jesus mentions that ,"outside the gates of Heaven, where the dogs are" [IMO, the dogs are faithfully guarding the gates of Heaven, keeping out the bad spirits]. Besides, the Bible is the Living Word, and speaks to each of us individually, and constantly; God speaks to each one of us according to our own heart. So, if it has been given to your heart that animals are in Heaven, (and to so many others), then who are we to argue with God?
IMO, many people don't like the idea that we have to "earn" the right to go to Heaven - i.e. we are given a conscience and must make A CONSCIOUS decision to obey God and enter the Kingdom; if He had wanted animals to do the same, they'd get the same liberties that we enjoy, such as choosing our language; how we want to live, work, whether or not to be vegetarian, etc.

dina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
what an awful thing to say. dont listen to comments like that. ur belief is what matters and its different for everyone. I believe that all living things go to heaven especially animals since they are not evil like people. its funny i work with people but yet see so little positive in some of us. It might be wrong but my life experiences have not thought me otherwise. after surviving a war that left me homeless and family-less its hard to find nice things in some people. and animals (all animals) for me have the streak that some people lack.
So final word.....ur belief matters and stick to it.

aileen06

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I believe with no doubt that when I cross over my Rebby will be waiting for me. There is no one who could change my mind about that and you should not allow anyone to put doubts in your mind. Some people just don't have that strong sense of faith.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It wouldn't be heaven if my babies aren't there! I dont think I could believe in a place where there is no cats... just doesn't sound like much fun!

I believe when my time comes, my pet family, and members of my human family will be waiting to show me the way! When my aunt Margaret was passing, she started talking to her mother, who had died a long time ago! She was literally talking to her, and that was it. She died right then! So I have a firm belief they will be there for you...

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
only people who have not been around animals will say animals do not have souls . sorry to love something to me means you have to have a soul or spirit. Animals do love in there way. which means to me, they have a soul or spirit.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh they have souls and they are in Heaven...there is no doubt in my mind....Look at St. Francis the patron saint of animals He's in Heaven for sure, so how could he be without animals. Anyone who says that IMO is IGNORANT
Also I look forward to being reunited with my
Bella
someday. When Bella died I talked to a communicator who told me a dark haired man greeted her in heaven with open arms...my first DH is in Heaven and I know it was him that greeted her

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by georgiagirl8

Does anyone know if it's in the bible anywhere about animals going to heaven?
nothing comes to mind... but if you want to see your beloved pet once you arrive in Heaven, you will. otherwise, would it really be Heaven?
i'm sorry that person was so insensitive. i personally believe i'll see my pets that have gone before me. if i'm wrong, then it'll be because, for some reason i can't comprehend at this time, i won't want to. [1st Corinthians 13:12 Now we see things imperfectly as in a cloudy mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely.]

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been told this too, and I simply reply that as a Christian I believe that God loved me enough to send his son to die on the cross for me, so why wouldn't he love me enough to have my beloved cats waiting in heaven for me? I have faith that my God loves and knows me well enough to know that it wouldn't be paradise without the sound of a purr and a warm kitty in my lap.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know that God will provide for our happiness in Heaven. If my happiness is contingent on being with my pets through eternity, then God will provide that. Therefore, I WILL see my beloved cats in Heaven.

katie=^..^=

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some people believe that, but I firmly believe they are wrong.

I believe we are all, including humans, animals, insects, even grass and stones a part of God. We are all expressions of God. When we die our love ties us to our pets and we are reconnected with them. Love is stronger than any other force in the universe because God is Love.

fluffstuff

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Gawd I hate meanies...

Never you mind... and imho God is love and beauty and giving according to my understanding, and I was told by a pastor once that God sees all things, God sees every sparrow that falls from a tree.

Creatures are innocent, God cares for the innocent. The end.

Just because some douchebag is interpreting the Bible in the anti-everything way (homophobe as well??) since things were written in different times does not mean that persons view is true.

Personally, I do not believe in the Christian/Catholic versions of God, I simply believe in a higher power (Use the Force, Luke!! :·D) and I believe in stories such as "Jonathan Livinston Seagull", a wonderful book about higher meaning to life as we know it by Richard Bach.

Read it for inspiration, it's about a special seagull!
http://www.amazon.com/Jonathan-Livin...2024797&sr=8-1

Stay strong sweetie, don't let the turkeys get you down!