I'm Insane!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been up since 6:30am! And I'm getting ready to leave for the gym! This is the first day that I go that I do not have to attend an education class, so I have no requirement to go, but here I am leaving the house to go and exercise at 8:30am!

I weighed myself this morning and I've lost the 10 pounds that I gained back after my insurance company yanked me from physio back in September. So that's motivation enough to keep going.

What's more, I am absolutely terrified of water that is deeper than my knees...and even that gets my gut churning! This Thursday I'm going to buy a bathing suit so I can do Aquasizes twice weekly!

Insane, I tell you! Totally insane!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
you can send some of that craziness my way, I can't seem to get my butt off the couch
Have fun! The Aquasizes class sounds interesting
and Congrats on the weight loss!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for you! I like my exercise classes a little later in the day.

I assume your pool in Winnipeg is indoors. The pools around where I live are all outside and this is Northern CA. The high today will be 10 C (50 F). But, it is sunny,
so I will put on my swim shirt and be at my aquafit class at 11 am today.

Congrats on the 10 lbs! Is the next goal a stone?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I went!

I did 15 minutes of stretching, followed by 45 minutes on the treadmill (cardio) and 15 minutes on the arm bike (cardio), followed by 1/2 hour of resistance training on the machines, and then another 15 minutes of stretching.

I'm wiped! But I feel good that I went.

I just sat down with my calendar and the aqua class schedule and mapped out my Tuesday and Sunday routine.

Monday, Wednesday and Friday I do what I did today.

Every other Tuesday and every Sunday I do stretches and cardio consisting of treadmill, arm bike and aqua class.

I do the arm bike because I find that I have no endurance in my arms and that I get tired just washing my hair or cutting up an onion, so the arm bike is supposed to help with that.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Keep at it! I need someone like you to go to the gym with...I get distracted after 1/2 an hour and leave

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I can't seem to get my butt off the couch
It's all about mindset.

I'm striving to build my strength and stamina so that I can do a back to work program and get back to my job.

But a huge motivating factor is the weight loss! Nothing more motivating than seeing the numbers on a scale getting smaller!