Bad kitty, very bad kitty

red scathach

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
None of my pets jump on counters or on tabletops so I suppose I was a little lax in watching out for the cats while I made dinner tonight. I was making steak diane tonight and took out the meat and left it on the counter for 2 minutes to answer the phone. Big mistake, I came back to Nymeria dragging one of the steaks on the floor heading underneath the couch. I finally wrestled the steak away from her but she ate about a fourth of it. I am a little Po'ed, mostly at myself (if I was in her paws I would probably do the same), but mostly I am worried if she could get sick eating the raw meat. I am keeping an eye on her just in case. Thats it phone stays in the kitchen while I am cooking, and I already mopped the floor once today argh. Just needed to rant lol. My little 'Meria the steak thief.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My BF's dearly departed cat never hopped on the dining table, except once- when BF got up to go into the kitchen to get a drink and came back to find kitty with both sets of front claws in his chicken, trying to drag it off, like a big game kill!!! Needless to say, BF wrestled his dinner back ... and shared it with the cat!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought my innocent little Isabella NEVER got on the counters.
I had never seen her do it and my other animals never get up there eithor so i didn't think twice about leaving a dish of cooked chicken legs out on the counter one night to cool while i ran out to my sister house for a minute down the road. I came home and there was my "innocent" little white kitty on the counter scarfing down a huge chicken leg
I laughed sooo hard i almost cried at her- it was hilarious
When i opened the door and caught her she had the entire chicken leg (it was a huge one) in her mouth and had the deer in a headlight look in her eyes
She knew she had been busted

It was quite funny to see my normally dainty little princess COVERED in sauce all over her gorgeous white Angora fur

Now i have never seen them on the counters again since that day, but i have a slight suspecion that if i were to make that same chicken recipe again and leave the house for a short period of time....my little princess would hop right back up there and chow down

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
heyu taken off a couple of times, with cheese from my morning bagels

hehe little cheese thief.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my little shinobi, who has only just started jumping up on the counter, snaffled my bread and butter i had lovingly prepared to go with my boiled eggs on sunday morning.

i came back in the kitchen to see him dragging a slice across the counter! thing is, i wasn't sure if he had licked the other piece so the dogs had that!

nothing is safe foodwise in my house!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

red scathach

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok lets rephrase, none of the cats jump on counters when I am present
... who knows what these buggers do when I am not around... I can't stand animals on counters it skeeves me out. Well I know at least my little grey monster will nab food if I carelessly leave it taunting her hehe.

suni

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Red Scathach

but mostly I am worried if she could get sick eating the raw meat. I am keeping an eye on her just in case.
My cats only eat raw meat, and they never get sick of it. so dont worry.